K.j.'s 10g Low-light Tank

K.J.

LUK ITS A FUZBALL
Reaction score
Since my other journal plopped, I'm restarting my 10 gallon journal. Right now I'm waiting to pick up the light from my grandmother's house; it was stored since we didn't need it. It's going to be low light at 1.5 WPG. I'm not sure how the ludwigia or lily will fare - badly, I expect, but I hope to get a replacement plant since I had to take off almost all it's leave in my staghorn algae attack. The plants are;
Ludwigia
Wisteria
Vallisneria
Anubias
Java Fern
Some sort of short lily.

I'm not sure what kinda plants I should add. Any ideas? Other things, then;

EcoComplete Substrate
Nutrafin Co2 - DIY mixture
15 watt fluorescent light
Penguin 20 Bio-Wheel Filter

Stocking;

4 Platies
1 Corydoras
A MTS I moved to another tank, and evidentially, some of it's babies.

I really wish I could get rid of those platies, but my LFS doesn't take fish back... ugh... and I want to add more cories, but I'm not sure how stable my tank is, with all the platy poo I'm at the end of my stocking :shout:

Pictures coming soon.

sounds good with plants you called also try riccia.jave moss, vallisne america or combomba i have a 15 gallon with 15 watt lighting and it grows like mad. also see if any one on here wants to take the platies of your hands
Cant wait to see pictures

Regards
Jake

Never had much luck with java moss, thought riccia was high light? A taller plant like cambomba might do good. If anyone does want the platies, though I'm not sure about shipping and I can't do pickup, here's what they're like;

1 Orange MM platy, male
1 Tuxedo Variatus Pintail, female
1 Blue Coral MM, female
1 Juvenile (4 months) Tuxedo (Variatus??) Pintail, male

I had to add the compact fl. hood again, because it was two days without light because my spacey mom is a clean freak and completely forgot where she put the freaking hood... now she has to buy a new one. Her haste, her money.

dsc03854rf6.jpg

I need some ideas, for plants, positioning etc. I know, the val needs to grow higher - I'm going to take care of that soon.

Mum still hasn't gotten around to finding it and the algae is coming back. Growth is slow. I guess I'll use my $20 shop credit to buy another one.

dsc04327nn7.jpg

Oh dear thats not so good. If you were able to get some more plants that would probably help the look of the tank. There is a pinned thread by Llj on easy to grow plants (link in my sig) which would probably do for your tank :)

Keep us posted.

Sam

Most reactions

Back