Juwel Tanks - Lido 200 Or Trigon 190?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Seeker

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

After a fair amount of discussion and some furniture removal, my partner and I have created a corner space for our future fish tank, and we're considering the above two models.  I appreciate that neither will give us quite as many stocking options as a conventional rectangular tank of equivalent volume, but this is the only way we can fit in a decent sized aquarium - so which of the two would you recommend?  We're also open to other corner/cubic tank suggestions :) TIA!

The Trigon has a longer side (~98cm across the front) than the Lido (~70cm), so I would choose the Trigon for a wider choice of responsible stocking.

OK, one vote for the Trigon - thanks! 

Don't suppose you know what they're like to clean, do you?  Seems like it might be more fiddly than a cubic or rectangular tank :/

Sorry, no idea, none of my seven tanks are corner-style.

I have a Lido and I like it.  My beef with curved tanks is that they tend to pick up reflections from all over the room, especially if you have a nearby window to the side of the tank.  NotG has a good point about the extra length for swimming though.

N0body Of The Goat said:
Sorry, no idea, none of my seven tanks are corner-style.

Seven tanks?  Nice :)

daizeUK said:
I have a Lido and I like it.  My beef with curved tanks is that they tend to pick up reflections from all over the room, especially if you have a nearby window to the side of the tank.  NotG has a good point about the extra length for swimming though.

It would be on the opposite side of the room to the window, so hopefully any light reflections wouldn't be too bad - then again there's also reading lamps and the TV to consider.  Hmm.

for a tropical tank id go for the trigon - gives you a bit more space for planting and alllows you to build up a wall of taller plants at the back to make a good effect.

If it was a marine id go for the Lido - looks good with all your live rock as a feature in the centre :)

looking-glass said:
for a tropical tank id go for the trigon - gives you a bit more space for planting and alllows you to build up a wall of taller plants at the back to make a good effect.

If it was a marine id go for the Lido - looks good with all your live rock as a feature in the centre
smile.png

Thanks :) it's going to be tropical, I'm not sure I could do marine!  Maybe one day...

Seeker said:

If it was a marine id go for the Lido - looks good with all your live rock as a feature in the centre
smile.png

Thanks
smile.png
it's going to be tropical, I'm not sure I could do marine!  Maybe one day...

no worries :) id definitely go for the trigon if it was me then - put some taller plants along the back maybe vallis or something and a nice big piece of bog wood as a centrepiece :) 

looking-glass said:

smile.png

Thanks
smile.png
it's going to be tropical, I'm not sure I could do marine!  Maybe one day...

no worries
smile.png
id definitely go for the trigon if it was me then - put some taller plants along the back maybe vallis or something and a nice big piece of bog wood as a centrepiece
smile.png

Sounds good!  I've never done planted before so it's going to be an exciting project :)

Another vote for the Trigon, you actually have a better footprint.  I have 13 juwel tanks but none a corner one, but a friend had the trigon 350. My advice would be to remove the internal filter, which is situated right at the back corner of the tank and a right pain to get at for maintenance, plus fish will tend to hid under it. General maintenance on a corner tank is not too bad so long as you have a long type gravel vac to get to the back corner. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back