Juwel Rio 125 filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have moved your post from the thread on canister filters so your question doesn't hijack that thread.

I used to have a Rio 125 and I found the filter very noisy. Our bedroom is above where I had the tank and the noise kept me awake at night. I even bought a new pump for it, hoping the cause was a faulty pump but the new one was just as bad. After a couple of months I removed it.

Having said that, I have never read anything by any other member having a noisy filter. Once you have the tank can I suggest you fill the tank and let the filter run for a couple of days and see what you think. If it is too noisy for you, it is better to remove it before you start growing filter bacteria.

My juwel tank still has marks from where the previous owner removed the built in filter (which I fully support) must be a fairly big job to get them off

It's not too difficult, but it is easier when there's no water in the tank. The filter is held in place by blobs of silicone and you have to saw through the blobs with a sharp flexible blade, then scrape what's left on the glass with a razor blade or similar. There are 8 blobs, 4 on each of two sides, 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. I managed to remove almost all trace; I just put decor in front of the bits I couldn't remove.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back