juwel primo 70

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

frosty27

Reaction score
Hi, am just getting back into fish keeping( not kept fish for many years),
I am looking into getting the juwel primo 70.
The question I have is the filter that comes with it only has blue filter sponges (x2) (bioflow one) in it, no bio media. Is there a way of changing this?
Have also looked at the fluval flex 57lt which has the better option with the filter it seems.
I would prefer to get the juwel if can improve the filter without have to buy a different on.
thanks for listening, any advice would be greatly appeciated.

Sponge is actually an excellent biomedium as well as a mechanical medium. This sized tank is not suited to large messy fish so sponge is all that's needed.

Ignore the instructions when they say to change one of the sponges every 3 months. Sponges last for years and only need changing when they go into holes. All that's needed is to wash them in water taken out during a water change when they get dirty.

Sponge is actually an excellent biomedium as well as a mechanical medium. This sized tank is not suited to large messy fish so sponge is all that's needed.

Ignore the instructions when they say to change one of the sponges every 3 months. Sponges last for years and only need changing when they go into holes. All that's needed is to wash them in water taken out during a water change when they get dirty.
thank you for the reply. good to know it will be ok with just them sponges.

The question I have is the filter that comes with it only has blue filter sponges (x2) (bioflow one) in it, no bio media. Is there a way of changing this?
Hi and welcome to TFF.
You can always change the filter media of an internal filter.
I totally agree...

Most reactions

Back