Juwel Heater Not Heating Up Properly :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Corrine

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay I turned my Juwel 200w heater up to 32c last night (for fishless cycle) as the water didnt seem to be heating up much (180 litre tank). This morning its still only at 27.8 ..

Is my heater working properly?

sounds about right for juwel heater. I don't expect a 200w juwel to keep a tank at much more then 28c. The dial on the heater has no bearing on water temp their calibration is so bad

sounds about right for juwel heater. I don't expect a 200w juwel to keep a tank at much more then 28c. The dial on the heater has no bearing on water temp their calibration is so bad

Okay :) that sounds good and bad hehe.. do you think it will be hot enough for a fishless cycle ? :crazy:

more then enough, the cycle will still work without a heater we turn it up to 28C as the bacteria multiply faster in warmer water :good:

i had the same problem with my heater with fish in (after cycling the tank) did trust it so i bought a Fluval E300 Heater they do a 200/100 and a 50 to :), and they are amazing not much difference in price either.

i would recommend getting one, or if you have an external filter look at the external heaters to :)

i think the jewel heaters detect the air temp inside the tube not the water temp where the fluval ones detect the water temp traveling through a tube :) someone will correct me if my research is wrong :) but I'm sure thats how they work :D

hope this has helped

Thanks for your reply.. I notice in your signature that you breed apisto's .. I am really keen to keep some in my community tank.. i have another post with the fish that i like and I was advised to keep 1 male/2females :)..

Im hoping to have 4x Platinum angels
2x Hypancistrus sp. (L201)
2x Leopard frog pleco (L134)
10-20x Rummynose Tetras
?x Apistogramma Cacatuoides, double red
Its a 180litre tank :)

How many apistos would work well in this tank?
Any other info/advice greatly appreciated :)

Thanyou :)

would advise a pair for that tank, keeping apisto's in a harem is not the best way to start out with them :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back