Juwel Filter Help

cheerycherry

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I got my rio secondhand but they bloke who sold it to me said his wife (who sadly died and it was her tank) did all the maitenance on the tank and filter.

Before he decided to sell the tank he cleaned the filter but wasnt sure what pecies of sponge or the floss went back in.I wasnt given an instruction unit and now a bit worried maybe he didnt put them in right and this could affect the performance of the filter (juwel jumbo) I have no idea if the sponges are in right,There are 2 white holding bracket things in there so can anyone advise?
 
Yes, I have one of these. Recently found the manual on the Jewel Website (which you should be able to find quite easily).


2 Fine blue filters go in the bottom.
Then the coarse blue filter, then the green one on the top.


Any carbon or floss can go on the very top


The green one is apparently a Nitrate removal filter - but people on here seemed to think it couldn't possibly work
 
The green one is apparently a Nitrate removal filter - but people on here seemed to think it couldn't possibly work

Supposedly it is, however once it expires I just leave it in and it becomes part of the biological filtration. :)
 
Don't bother with the black and green sponges.
Black is the the carbon sponge complete waste of money to use it all the time, only good for removing meds.
The green sponge in the nitrate sponge complete waste of money not proven they work, have to change they every 4 to 6 weeks.
 
Don't bother with the black and green sponges.
Black is the the carbon sponge complete waste of money to use it all the time, only good for removing meds.
The green sponge in the nitrate sponge complete waste of money not proven they work, have to change they every 4 to 6 weeks.

I agree with Wilder, the carbon and nitrate sponges are dead money.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top