Juvenile Kribensis With Adult Zebra Danios

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

EdbetaRed

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have acclimated Zebra Danios to 25 degrees Celsius over a month, started them at 18C, and they are doing fine as I took my time raising the temperature.

My LFS sells Juvenile Kribensis at around 1 and a half inches so they pair up el natural instead of forcing pairs.

The Danios are hyper active and can be a bit aggressive between themselves they have been the only fish in the 125 litre tank for a month....

Will they Zebra Danios be too boisterous for such young kribs ? I have just 5 on their own and will up the numbers of danios to 10 ?

I intend to move the Kribs pairs to individual tanks once they attain adulthood and/or pair off and leave a single pair in each 125 liter tank.

They are well planted tanks like a jungle..

I think the fact that they mostly inhabit different parts of the aquarium would mean there would be very little interaction between them. Kribs will of course be more aggressive when breeding.

Thanks for that I have a few tanks extra for the pairs but if my reading and research is correct I could probably get away with just transferring the breeding pair to one tank and leave the other pairs or 4 kribs alone. I am still working ona  good system before I even consider buying a single Krib
tongue2.gif

My experience in fish keeping has been with mostly Malawi Mbuna Chiclids, but we need a change from time to time to keep things fresh.

I have heard /read of a lot of aggression coming from trying to force pairs. So if I get say 6 at 1 and a half inch and watch there interaction until adulthood then I should be fine,

The Danio's are simply there for dither fish but I didnt want to just whack the temperature up to 25 C as that seemeds cruel to do that even if they are a simple Danio I think we owe them respect as a a life in their own right as fish keepers.

Was also considering some Cardinal Tetra as other dithers to add some colour but I have a theaned Asian/African planted tank going on as I bought a stock number of plants.

Any ideas on a colourful dither fish of Asian or West African oragin suitable for a community tank of this nature.

I have tons of Vallisneria of different types and some Anubias plants in there caves constructed of rock work scattered around the bottom and multiple hiding places.

Lols the Asian fish already bug my OCD a little will go off the radar having Amazonian fish too in the same tank. LOL !

EdbetaRed said:
Lols the Asian fish already bug my OCD a little will go off the radar having Amazonian fish too in the same tank. LOL !
I know that feeling, my daughter decided to buy me a pair of blue gouramis to go in my amazonian tank..... I know she meant well but blue gouramis would be one of the last fish on my wish list.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back