Just when i thought everything was good

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

G_Sharky

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Everything looks good on my new tank except when i check my parameters today i was surprise to see some spikes. The Ammonia which was 0 2 days ago spike up to 0.6 and NitrIte which was 0.1 and now it's on 0.3, My NitrAte however rise up from 5 to 7 ppm which is a good thing right? Correct me if i'm wrong on this one plz. Anyways I just did a 10 % water change and hoping that could help. Might have to cancel my plans on going to my LFS this sunday :angry: . This also goes for Malt Vinegar who said he cycled his tank in 3 days, I would suggest that you check your parameters regularly cause you never know what's going to happen especially if you have quite a few fish on it. I have my tank running for a week and a half and taught that it's cycled but i was wrong....

populations of animals (bacteria) must grow... die get fed upon... and do again and again till the correct balance of bacteria is stable...
The life cycle even of these fast growing critters is not instintanious.

My rule of thumb is 6 weeks...

I watched pot never boils

I only cycle my tank for three days and came out pretty good and i dont even have a test kit i am so lucky

Did you do a fishless cycle? Or did you wait 3 days before adding any more fish? cause my levels were at 0 except for nitrIte 2 days ago and it spike up(not much). I will test again on Sat and see if i made any progress, I was planning on getting a dwarf Gourami this sunday if my tank finished it's cycle this week, but it looks like i'm going to have to wait :angry:

Most reactions

Back