Just thought I'd show a pic of the evolution of my Tropheus Duboisi!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tttay89

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What a change! you barely notice it till you see pictures

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1611495387216.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1611495387216.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 2,259
Oh wow that’s really cool! How do you keep them? Trophius are on my list of fish to keep just need to get space big enough

I only have the one with a Julidochromis I also need to upgrade tank size.

They have higher PH requirements of 8-9 and are herbivores!

Nice I've been reading more and more on Lake Tanganyika really interesting place. And quite under rated consider Tropheus and Frontosa come from there.

Wills

Heaps of nice fish come from Lake Tanganyika and they are much more peaceful than the stuff from Lake Malawi.

Have a GH of 350ppm+, pH above 8.0 and give them lots of hiding places and buy a group of young fish and let them grow up. Male Tropheus tend to bash smaller males and you usually end up with one big male and a group of females.

Tropheus are true vegetarian fishes and don't do well on meat foods. You can add a small amount of newly hatched brineshrimp or some daphnia to their diet, but the main part should be plant matter and vege flakes/ pellets.

A couple of nice fish from Lake Tanganyika include the Cyprichromis and Paracyprichromis groups, and Lamprichthys tanganicanus.

I'm a huge Cichlid fan (all kinds) and our Tropheus Tank has a hard time with males - they don't last long. After quite a bit of loss we ended up with what appears to be 1 male and 8 females.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back