Just interested, who has nerites?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have three nerite snails, plus one that I just bought for my high school tank that is almost done cycling. 1 black racer (whiplash) up in my main community 30g, 1 tiger or red onion (Felix) and one zebra (cal, short for Sgt. Calhoun) in my quarantine 10g.

Unsure about GH, pH is 8

I have three nerite snails, plus one that I just bought for my high school tank that is almost done cycling. 1 black racer (whiplash) up in my main community 30g, 1 tiger or red onion (Felix) and one zebra (cal, short for Sgt. Calhoun) in my quarantine 10g.

Unsure about GH, pH is 8
Oh, and the new one I bought is a pan olive horned nerite. No name for them yet, as the students will get to submit and vote on names :D

Here's mine. It was the first inhabitant of my tank, along with the mystery I posted elsewhere, and an assassin who goes MIA for days under the sand (changed substrate a couple of weeks ago). I think all 3 have grown some, especially the mystery guy, he's patrolling the tank day and night, this nerite is a bit more chill and seems to dislike work 🤷🏻‍♂️

Water 76F ish
29g tank
pH 7.6, working to lower it a bit in the near future
Lives with the other 2 snails I mentioned, and fish currently as follows:
5 cories
7 neon tetras
1 oto
1 dwarf gourami

Not adding ANY livestock (except perhaps for plants) until at least March. Latest additions have been a crap shoot, fish are arriving too stressed/weak due to extreme cold, I've had too many deaths in my last 2 purchases and clearly the store stocks are not optimal at this point

Attachments

• 20220105_191424.jpg
    20220105_191424.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 44
My wife bought a zebra nerite snail. I have it in a 10 gallon tank. He really likes cucumber. I have to add some crushed shell for his shell unfortunately which means he will not be appropriate for the majority of my tanks that have very soft water. I would love to find a snail that does OK in soft water but don't know of any.

The nerite does an exceptional job of keeping the glass clean.

Most reactions

Back