Just interested, who has nerites?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have three nerite snails, plus one that I just bought for my high school tank that is almost done cycling. 1 black racer (whiplash) up in my main community 30g, 1 tiger or red onion (Felix) and one zebra (cal, short for Sgt. Calhoun) in my quarantine 10g.

Unsure about GH, pH is 8

I have three nerite snails, plus one that I just bought for my high school tank that is almost done cycling. 1 black racer (whiplash) up in my main community 30g, 1 tiger or red onion (Felix) and one zebra (cal, short for Sgt. Calhoun) in my quarantine 10g.

Unsure about GH, pH is 8
Oh, and the new one I bought is a pan olive horned nerite. No name for them yet, as the students will get to submit and vote on names :D

Here's mine. It was the first inhabitant of my tank, along with the mystery I posted elsewhere, and an assassin who goes MIA for days under the sand (changed substrate a couple of weeks ago). I think all 3 have grown some, especially the mystery guy, he's patrolling the tank day and night, this nerite is a bit more chill and seems to dislike work 🤷🏻‍♂️

Water 76F ish
29g tank
pH 7.6, working to lower it a bit in the near future
Lives with the other 2 snails I mentioned, and fish currently as follows:
5 cories
7 neon tetras
1 oto
1 dwarf gourami

Not adding ANY livestock (except perhaps for plants) until at least March. Latest additions have been a crap shoot, fish are arriving too stressed/weak due to extreme cold, I've had too many deaths in my last 2 purchases and clearly the store stocks are not optimal at this point

Attachments

• 20220105_191424.jpg
    20220105_191424.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 44
My wife bought a zebra nerite snail. I have it in a 10 gallon tank. He really likes cucumber. I have to add some crushed shell for his shell unfortunately which means he will not be appropriate for the majority of my tanks that have very soft water. I would love to find a snail that does OK in soft water but don't know of any.

The nerite does an exceptional job of keeping the glass clean.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back