Just found a few fry during Water change

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ideally i would have corys in my 30G with maybe a few active middle/top swimmers. These guppys i have seem to be doing really well with the Corys & any squabbles they have they keep it between themselves.
Maybe i should just add more Corys when my infection has dissapeared. Dont like to be near max stock level though, Cos you never know of any surprises.......like fry

I've pulled fry out of.my FX4 during cleanings many times. I started dumping it through a net to catch them. Now there are no more livebearers in that tank so that issue is resolved....was a trip the first time tho....

If i am honest im thinking of ditching the guppys & having a load of Bronze & albinos in my 30G,At the moment there is 4 Bronze & 1 Albino in there with 8 juvenile guppy males
The albino is actually a bronze Cory too so they will all breed together. My spawns are usually about half bronze and half albino. I somehow got one black with red dorsal. Wish I’d get more of them.

The albino is actually a bronze Cory too so they will all breed together. My spawns are usually about half bronze and half albino. I somehow got one black with red dorsal. Wish I’d get more of them.
I really want to see pics of the black one! Red dorsal? wow!

I think there is a black mutation of aeneus, I'd like to get some

I have kept the Bronze for a long time, I find them more interesting then the other Cory groups.
I know the Albinos are a Bronze in disguise. I had Albino mixed with Bronze fry a long time ago, I lost most of the fry in the first few days & the ones that lived i sold on this site. I found my old thread from 2006 ? about the problems i was having at the time
Anyway ive made my mind up, When my infection has died off in my 30G i am going to get another maybe 6 or 7 to make up my group to 12 & get rid of some the guppys.
The picture is the biggest female, ive had her since August last year, With her being huge, im surprised at no eggs yet

Attachments

• 20210307_154339.jpg
    20210307_154339.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Attachments

• A24BB28E-87EB-4860-9E14-744CC90DD6E8.jpeg
    A24BB28E-87EB-4860-9E14-744CC90DD6E8.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 21B588E7-EAE9-46C8-9894-EF2B33EB8208.jpeg
    21B588E7-EAE9-46C8-9894-EF2B33EB8208.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 678373FF-65ED-4AC9-81EA-73BFC57D354B.jpeg
    678373FF-65ED-4AC9-81EA-73BFC57D354B.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 59
I have kept the Bronze for a long time, I find them more interesting then the other Cory groups.
I know the Albinos are a Bronze in disguise. I had Albino mixed with Bronze fry a long time ago, I lost most of the fry in the first few days & the ones that lived i sold on this site. I found my old thread from 2006 ? about the problems i was having at the time
Anyway ive made my mind up, When my infection has died off in my 30G i am going to get another maybe 6 or 7 to make up my group to 12 & get rid of some the guppys.
The picture is the biggest female, ive had her since August last year, With her being huge, im surprised at no eggs yet
She’s pretty!

Nice! I really want to get some of these, have seen them being sold as "Venezuelan cories", breeding your own is awesome! @CassCats has at least one too
Yeah, I’m tempted to buy some of the Venezuelan. One of my mommas is darker than the others. I think she must have something else in her line. Who knows these days.

Yeah, I’m tempted to o buy some of the Venezuelan. One of my mommas is darker than the others. I think she must have something else in her line. Who knows these days.
You should totally try to breed her and that young black one when you can!

Not that cories make it easy to breed specific fish, with their wild, group romps and all... :look:

Yeah, I’m tempted to buy some of the Venezuelan. One of my mommas is darker than the others. I think she must have something else in her line. Who knows these days.
My old male is darker than the rest of them, Hes more brown in the body & when side by side with the females he really stands out.
Ive just fed them so was having a look at them chasing each other around. They like to eat then have a play in the air bubblers,Chasing each other up & down but the biggest female struggles getting into some gaps & she cant catch them. Its very entertaining ?

I found a few babies too.... Now the task of moving them...
This video was really lovely, thank you for sharing it! It was so sweet, seeing that you're so genuinely excited about the fry, and setting up a new tank for them. Really made me smile! :D

Just get about 25 of them. About every 2 weeks my tank is full of Cory eggs. This last spawn brought me the large brood that I have right now...55-65. I only had 7 die in the first few days. This is my 5th group that I’ve had. Rest have been very healthy. Your time will come. :)
What size of tank do you have them in and are they on their own? I have corries in most of my tanks and I see the odd fry that has managed to survive, but most inevitably get eaten. I'm not trying to breed them but I have a couple of spare tanks atm and it might be interesting to try this.

Mine are in a 55G along with about 35 neon tetras. I find the eggs laid all over the glass when I turn the lights on in the morning. They’ll continue at it until about 10 A.M., usually. I let the eggs sit about 15 minutes to harden a little and then pick them off the glass and place them in the nursery tank with a little methylene blue to prevent fungus.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back