Just For An Idea Of Numbers...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

soybean

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
My Rio 180 has a few odd waifs and strays in it still but the final stocking I'm aiming for is:

2 Bolivian Rams (they're not a pair but are friendly enough)
10 corys (already have 8, may add two more)
6 otocinclus (already have 4, worry about the extra feeding if I add more, but would like a few more)
1m 2f guppies (Keeping them for a bit of colour/activity only, but not keeping fry, and rehoming any that survive)
Large shoal of neons (This is the main one for me - I already have around 15 but would like a much larger group)

Mainly wondering how many more neons I can get away with adding if I also add two more corys and otos, and how many I could have if I don't add the extra catfish.

Filtered with Juwel internal and Eheim 2215. Lightly planted, wood, rocks/caves.

Thanks but I was specifically after the max number of neons I could fit in as I'm having trouble picturing how large a group I want and working out how many individuals it would be.

Don't see a problem with that stock either, you've got a good amound of filtration to. I reckon you could have 20 to 25 neon's if you plan on adding the 2 corries and oto's.

From the thread title, I thought you were offering to organise the Forum Christmas Party.......

I think you could double the number of neons. And then see how it goes, you may be able to add a few more after that, but play that by ear, and don't count on it being definite, if you know what I mean :) :good:

Thanks, I'll maybe add another five for now and maybe more in a month or so. Need to be a bit of reshuffling and/or rehoming and decide if I want more catfish or not. And then hopefully I will FINALLY be happy with my tank... if that's even possible!

good idea, just take it easy, a few at a time then see how the tank is for a few weeks, then you can add more or a different fish you will get an idea when its done, tell you what though never fully stock your tank, cos one day may be months from now you will be out somewhere and you will see some wonderful coloured guppies, or a friend may offer up that gorgeous fish for rehomeing and you wont have any room, less is always better, di

True - but I'm deliberately trying to be on the edge just so I can't add more from other people or do a rescue mission. I really need to stop. I just want a few species and that is it. And definitely no more guppies or any Livebearers EVER again.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back