Just Curious About The Description Of This Forum?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Why would anyone want to flame here in particular?

Hybridization is a very touchy subject for a lot of people. Some people are extremely against it (think a fish form of PETA :rolleyes: ). Certain people think that you should completely preserve a species and crossing them is morally wrong and harmful to the parental species involved. However true this may be, cautious and well-informed hybridizers will not sell the offspring as pure and will label them as crosses, or just not sell them.

It comes down to who is responsible and who isn't. That's why people like to flame. They are irresponsible and can't mind their own business OR they are irresponsible and contribute to the decline of pure blood by letting their hybrids on the market.

As I said, touchy subject. :nod:

PETA is all you had to say lol I love animals just as much as the next animal lover but PETA people and others like them are insane. :crazy: Thanx for the reply:)

People are always cross breeding animals.

Think of what poodles are cross breed with nowdays.

Caboodles
Puggaloodles
Labradoodles

And the million others!

I personally dont have a problem with it..

All dog breeds are the same species - that is not hybridization.

I thought Hybridrisation was mixing breeds.

My bad.

Breeds and species are two different things. Breeds are of the same species, but different varieties. Species are, well, species.

Common mistake. :)

Defintily a common mistake, but some people make you feel like crap coz you made that mistake by the way they comment.

Not you, I am talking about other people.

if you're talking about me I just got a definition for you?

anyway I want to know how screwed up BP's are, some people say they are fine, whilst others believe they are wrong

is the mammal equivalent something like a liger? (cross between a lion and a tiger)

if you're talking about me I just got a definition for you?

anyway I want to know how screwed up BP's are, some people say they are fine, whilst others believe they are wrong

No demonmangus, not you, I am talking about a certain person who answers abruptley often.

rude and plain-spoken are different things. just because someone corrects you or disagrees with you doesn't mean that they have been rude.

however, obvious and snide remarks about people are of questionable social merit.

--EDIT--
oh, and i'd like to congratulate you on having the good sense to remove the description "know-it-all girl" from your earlier post.

rude and plain-spoken are different things. just because someone corrects you or disagrees with you doesn't mean that they have been rude.

however, obvious and snide remarks about people are of questionable social merit.

--EDIT--
oh, and i'd like to congratulate you on having the good sense to remove the description "know-it-all girl" from your earlier post.

It was know it all female.

And its not the first time, I have seen it one to many times and I have had enough.

And if you ask me, putting in your little edit thing about what I wrote earlier, is just trying to stir the pot. I removed it for a reason, but you had to add it again just so she see's it. How pathetic is that.

It was know it all female.

And its not the first time, I have seen it one to many times and I have had enough.

And if you ask me, putting in your little edit thing about what I wrote earlier, is just trying to stir the pot. I removed it for a reason, but you had to add it again just so she see's it. How pathetic is that.

I'm just peeved that I didn't initially quote you directly so that there would be a lasting record of "the pot calling the kettle black". I want everyone to see it, not just Sylvia.

Btw, "how pathetic is that" is unnecessary and insulting. Which makes it fit the technical definition of a flame. You have also responded on three different occassions to indicate that your feelings were hurt by Sylvia correcting your misinformation. One of these responses included directly insulting terminology, which I will admit that you did voluntarily remove because you recognized it as inappropriate. All of this without Sylvia's notice or response.

You are also complaining that Sylvia routinely provides correct, factual, non-emotive information to those who are misinformed. I would like to invite you to read any of Fizban's posts in the Gourami forum as evidence that Sylvia is an incredibly patient, intelligent, well-informed and committed fish-keeper. She does not deserve accusations of being a "know it all" or demands that she spend additional time coddling people that she probably doesn't even know that she offended.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: just because someone corrects you or disagrees with you doesn't make them rude. Facts don't have to be presented with a smiley-face and a pat on the back. Might I suggest that you are being a smidgen oversensitive with regards to the perceived rudeness of others? By the way, right now I'm being antagonistic--not rude. In fact, I'm taking special care to be very polite to you as I defend my friend from your attack on her character.

Oh, and your signature is breaking the rules. You might want to fix that. See? Now I'm being helpful.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back