Just a little update

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

alio6

Reaction score
I set up my tank with lots of help from TFF! thank you, back in July.
Itā€™s doing really well with a small community of fish that all seem happy.
a few green tetra
1 male guppy
a few pygmy corys
1 colombian dwarf plec
selection of red cherry and blue diamond shrimo
1 amano shrimp
3 snails
a million pest snails
2 adult assassins 1 baby maybe more, i just seen this one but i imagine if there is 1 baby then there will be more? šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

as you can see i have a lot of plants which are thriving. the java fern is growing off itself which is bizarre. the moss balls love the rocky media so donā€™t get brown spots and the christmas moss is going insane. i did think the anubias wouldnt do very well as i got the wrong type but heā€™s still going strong.

i lost 2 plants which was expected as again i bought the wrong types and the media at the bottom is just not suitable for them.
image.jpg
image.jpg
a lesson learnt. i also went away for a week and my partner failed to realise the melt and we lost the guppies (i had 6 and now only 1) in fairness though i prefer the replacement tetra as they are peaceful. the guppies were always very angry with each other. my faves are the corys they are super cute and mr plec when he shows his face. he spends most of his time hidden away in the rock. anyone got any ideas of ways to get him more comfortable out and about?

image.jpg

Aren't you scared that those assassin snails will get those other snails ( and I don't mean those pest snails)?
I breed those assassins for many years now. And they eat all snails with the exception of snails that are shaped like (cone shaped) them is my experience overhere. They leave all of my other cone shaped snails aside.

Aren't you scared that those assassin snails will get those other snails ( and I don't mean those pest snails)?
I breed those assassins for many years now. And they eat all snails with the exception of snails that are shaped like (cone shaped) them is my experience overhere. They leave all of my other cone shaped snails aside.
nah i was at first but the size difference is huge and they have all been fine and itā€™s been weeks, months even and the other snails are all still alive and kicking :)

nah i was at first but the size difference is huge and they have all been fine and itā€™s been weeks, months even and the other snails are all still alive and kicking :)
The bigger size won't be a problem for those assassins. Must be something else why those other snails weren't attacked by those assassins. For they even ate my apple and zebra snails. And those are bigger than those assassins.

The bigger size won't be a problem for those assassins. Must be something else why those other snails weren't attacked by those assassins. For they even ate my apple and zebra snails. And those are bigger than those assassins.
could it be that there are so many pest snails they arenā€™t in need of the zebras? or maybe theyā€™re vegetarian? i really donā€™t know. iā€™m thankful though. iā€™ve had the assassins since august 11th?

could it be that there are so many pest snails they arenā€™t in need of the zebras? or maybe theyā€™re vegetarian? i really donā€™t know. iā€™m thankful though. iā€™ve had the assassins since august 11th?
Well, that could be the case that they have too much choice for there are so many pest snails in your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back