Jungle Fungus Clear overdose for betta?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I'm sorry that happened. I've made a few mistakes with bad outcomes. I've learned from them. Because of the mistakes I now research beforehand. For example, I bought 2 carnivorous fish without knowing it and had to get special food and worried every feeding time. Well, one made it. Anyway, finding TFF has been a great help. I sympathize with you.
Thank you.. I tried so hard. Spent quite a bit of money on 5 or 6 different medicines because nothing seemed to help. It’s really hard to find the right information to help online. There’s a lot of info out there, but to find the info you need can be a great challenge. Thank you for your sympathy. It’s hard to forgive myself but a lesson was learned I guess.

Carbon isn't actually needed full time but most filter manufacturers still include it.
Carbon is used for removing medication once treatment has finished; removing the brown colour that leaches out of wood; and removing smells.

The main uses of filters are to move water round the tank, to catch bits floating in the water and to provide a home for the filter bacteria. Sponges do the last two just as well, if not better, than carbon cartridges. They are a lot easier to clean than cartridges (just squueze in old tank water taken out at a water change) and they last for years.

One week without food wouldn't have affected him badly. You can easily go on vacation for 2 weeks without feeding

Most reactions

Back