Journal Of A Newbie.

Keeno: Haha, don't make me laugh? Understanding?

Seriously, all they do is moan. What are you doing now, cant you just leave it alone, why are you spending so much money on it, etc etc etc.
They don't really show an interest, they just get annoyed when i take up the bath cleaning things, or when i empty the tank water out of my bedroom window ^_^
I cant compain though, they havnt stopped me, they just like to moan about it :D

CTlovesKS: Thanks :) But ive changed it now, they've all gone :(

Update:

Yes, i ripped out all my plants. Yes i regret it now.
But, i have my HC planted, and my other plants are on their way.

2 x Riccia Fluitans in a cup £7.00
5 x Glossostigma Elatinoides £12.00
15 x Dwarf Hairgrass £51.75
20 x Rotala Indica £96.00
35 x Didiplis Diandra £400.75

(apparently those prices are correct, god knows why it has shown those prices lmao, i think there checkout system is fuc*^d up)

Sub-Total: £25.60
UK delivery: £2.45
Total: £28.05

And here are some pictures. Excuse the HUGE scratches on the top, would you beleive i can hide every single one of them just by directing the light away from it?!
The plants in there wont stay, theyre just in there so they dont die before they get posted off to people.

41371814.jpg

52229723.jpg

93097039.jpg

The gravel is just black crap from my LFS £1.99 for a 2KG bag.
It was completely black when i bought it but when i washed it it went grey with white spots where the black washed off.

Under that however is a layer of eco-complete followed by a layer of peat.

I ordered my first lot of plants from Plants Alive.
I ordered the new HC from SuperColey.
And i've ordered my new plants from Java Plants.

We'll see what quality they are when they arive.
Some people say plants alive are rubbish but i had a pretty good service, plants arrived healthy and good amount of the cost, so i cant complain.

Andy

Im a tad confused, the tank in you're sig is the same one as the bottom of this thread,which you are restarting, right?

Do you plan on using any pressurized co2 for the plants you are trying to grow? Also just out of curiosity, which ligths are you using? Ferts etc..?

Cheers

Murphee:

The tanks are the same yes, i have restarted.

I am using DIY Co2 still, i am just trying more difficult plants and using TPN+ whereas before i wasn't.
My lights are 2 x 39W T5

No updates yet Keeton,

Plants havnt arrived, should hopefully be here tuesday, but im going on holiday in friday so its really bad timing. Luckily i have a light timer, i just hope my diy co2 lasts for a week.
Its been going strong for 4 days so far though.

I'll post an update when the plants arrive.

Andy

Most reactions

Back