Journal – Breeding German Blue Rams (Mikrogeophagus Ramirezi)

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have neons and mollies in my community tank with my 6 gbr's so they get along.

They get on with most fish ....until they lay their eggs then they attack everyone!!

Hayz, you need to keep Rams in pairs to make them feel happy. Also what tank would you be thinking of adding them into ?

LP

Hayz, you need to keep Rams in pairs to make them feel happy. Also what tank would you be thinking of adding them into ?

LP

i dunno...may have to upgrade??? :whistle: pairs as in M/F or 2 M ?

If you only go for a single pair i would go M/F.

LP

Ideally yes.

But, if you buy the fish locally the water can be near on the same unless of course the shops/breeders use RO water. But if they don't there is a good chance that the water hardness is the same as your own and the fish will be acclimatised to it. Always best to ask.

If you was to ask how hard/soft my water was i would not be able to tell you. I really do need to get a kit. But i hear they are not very good?

LP

I've never measured my water but i know its relatively hard to some areas of the country. Purely because in my travels, i found showering in soft water to feel freakishly strange as it doesnt feel like its even touching you! So i just lean to a "medium-hard" area. I certainly wont ever go down the home RO water route, too much hastle for me and probably quite costly replacing the membranes.

i have no idea what my water is either... i dont get calcium build up in the kettle..thats one sign int it?

i have no idea what my water is either... i dont get calcium build up in the kettle..thats one sign int it?

What part of Devon are you in? I might be able to find out

Your water company may well have hardness information on its website.

I'm with South East Water, and if I go to the water quality page and input my postcode, it tells me the hardness exactly. (I'm right on the cusp of moderately hard/hard, so I won't be looking for any rams I'm afraid... :no: )

Interesting, im with Thames Water and i get the following:

mgl CaCO3 is 268ppm and apparently over 200 is classed as hard. So i wasnt exactly a million miles off. Well, i suppose i was a little, but i knew it was hard! ish.... :D

Nothing new to report at the moment :(

Just waiting, waiting and waiting.

LP

Most reactions

Back