Jen's Forgotten Forest

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

SSqTp0C.jpg

Finally! The green is gone! It took a while for all my co2 equipment to arrive and then to get the flow rate just right. Two days ago I noticed it had slowed down ever so slightly, so I upped it a smidge and today... crystal clear!!

Iā€™ll need to rearrange plants soon and add some more. My new light fixture is lower light than my last one, so some of the higher light plants arenā€™t doing much. Time for some more crypts and anubiasā€™

In sad news, I lost one of my angels yesterday. I noticed it on the bottom after coming home from work and quickly checked my water to find out my nitrates were in the 80-100 range :(. The only thing I can think is after I added 9 more harlequins and a few ottos and shrimp I waited too long to do a water change. I guess I should have tested the water earlier in the week.

Iā€™ve had two sets of angels pair up and they have each consistently laid eggs every week or so. The eggs never make it, but itā€™s fun to watch the process.

Last edited:
this could be in magazines! It's such a work of art!
Sad news about the Angel :(
But how cool about your pair!
Great Job, congratulations...it's stunning.

After seeing how the plants reacted to the lower lights, I made some changes. A member on a different forum in my city always sells his trimmings and new sprouts whenever he does maintenance. I got in touch and picked my favourites. Heā€™s a great guy and always throws in way too much. For next to nothing I got this:

ZOJXxks.jpg

It never looks like much in each bag (individually labelled no less), but there are at least 5 or 7 stems in each. I arranged the bags into fore mid and background and got to work.

I pulled out the hygro polysperma that took over the middle of the tank and I have never really liked. I moved a bunch of things around, grouped things together and then added all my new plants.

VLE4Cgg.jpg

A big difference in here. Iā€™m finally starting to see my plan.... itā€™s all coming together!

Thanks for all the kind words. Iā€™m very happy with how it looks.

Sadly, I have lost 2 more angels. They had internal parasites. Maybe it came in with the new fish I added last week? Who knows. The tank is being treated and Iā€™m hoping for the best. Of the remaining 6, I still have 2 mated pairs, both of which are tending to eggs now. The other two are hanging out in the corner without any eggs, only time will tell if they will mate or just live peacefully in the tank with the others.

OMG...that's a great find on the guy with the trimmings!!!
Sorry about the parasites :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back