What's new

Java Rice fish

essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
With rice fish fry it's the eyes you notice first :)

OP
LarsB

LarsB

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
UPDATE: The two babies in the are growing, though I think slowly, until I am reminded today how DARN small they start out!!! I was watch one of my guppy tanks, the parent rice fish are in yet another 10g for last 10 days or 2 wks (?)... Making the decision to take that tank to something else, nothing going on in there.... as I turn and look, THERE in plain yet almost mircoscopic view, 3 new babies.... Looks like THAT tank is staying just the way it is!!!!!

OP
LarsB

LarsB

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, I have BE Rice fish in 3 tanks!!! Crazy.... moved the first two out of the 55g and put them in with a group of slightly smaller moscow guppies, hoping to stimulate their feeding and ensure better nutrition
3 or 4 are in the original breeder 10g tank.... the largest of them is about the size of a very tiny guppy.
I was moving some stuff around in the parents tank, and low and behold, there were like 5 larger babies in there!!! SO not sure , but could be the folks have been getting so much to eat, they dont care to chase the fry any more??? LOL All good, but I dont think I am going to breed any more... need more room for guppies!!

JuiceBox52

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Well, I have BE Rice fish in 3 tanks!!! Crazy.... moved the first two out of the 55g and put them in with a group of slightly smaller moscow guppies, hoping to stimulate their feeding and ensure better nutrition
3 or 4 are in the original breeder 10g tank.... the largest of them is about the size of a very tiny guppy.
I was moving some stuff around in the parents tank, and low and behold, there were like 5 larger babies in there!!! SO not sure , but could be the folks have been getting so much to eat, they dont care to chase the fry any more??? LOL All good, but I dont think I am going to breed any more... need more room for guppies!!
I wish we lived closer and I would love to take some off your hands!

Retired Viking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
What is that quote?????
"when you pry them from my cold, dead, hands!!! BWAHAAHAHAHA!" LOL
If you get a chance I like to see a picture of the fry, I had to put my tetra fry in a fry net to protect them because the other tetra were nipping their fins. They are still 1/2 inch after a month.

trending

Staff online

Most reactions - Past 7 days