What's new

Java moss/willow moss??

Cromid

Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently started my planted tank and have hairgrass growing, but started noticing small strands running through the grass that I believe is either java moss or willow moss. 8 didn't order this so whatever it is has hitchhiked into the tank.

Just wondering what course of action I should take if any. I don't it outcompeting the grass and have it die.if it is one of these losses, should I remove the strands and potentially attach them to my driftwood? Or just leave it.

Any advice would be grand!

Attachments

Munroco

Reaction score
It really depends on whether you want it in your tank.
If you do I'd recommend picking it out of your hairgrass and trying to establish it where you want it, ie on driftwood as you suggest.

Just noticed you live in Edinburgh, like my daughter.

Retired Viking

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I used the Jave fern to make small nest in dark areas of my tank for fry. Down side is if you do not attach it to something is it will end up all over your tank. My daughter just came back from a college trip to Edinburgh to see your college. She had a great ime.

Stan510

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Lucky you to get free Willow Moss,and adapted to aquarium life. Mine,air grown that was sent to me never got going underwater. Tie it to some wood or a lava rock.
It's maybe the coarsest Moss out there..nice looking,primitive plant.

trending

Members online

Most reactions - Past 7 days