J.W. Fiske Antique Aquarium

Here's a later video of the above tank. What an awesome piece of antiquity.
 
I found one in May after searching for a few years. Like his, mine needed full restoration and if all goes well it will be complete this week. There are a few differences from mine and his. Mine is slightly smaller and has a different base. Mine does have a functioning fountain in the center. I should have finished pics this week if anyone cares to see it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210525_165232048.webp
    IMG_20210525_165232048.webp
    519.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20210525_1652241767.webp
    IMG_20210525_1652241767.webp
    253.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20210703_172718271.webp
    IMG_20210703_172718271.webp
    122.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20210611_093849062.webp
    IMG_20210611_093849062.webp
    124.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20210611_081951597.webp
    IMG_20210611_081951597.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20210611_070347901.webp
    IMG_20210611_070347901.webp
    131.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20210607_102944391.webp
    IMG_20210607_102944391.webp
    147.5 KB · Views: 120
Cant wait to see the fully restored aquarium pics
 
Awwwwh mmmaaaannnnn wonderful stuff. I salute anyone with the patience to do this kinda thing.
 
It took much longer to get this restored than I had planned but after a lot of work it is finally finished. I do need to add plants, then fish as that will be the easier part of this whole project. Please excuse the quality of the pictures I provide because I do not have the best camera in my phone.
 

Attachments

  • 20211009_143351.webp
    20211009_143351.webp
    215.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 20211009_143318.webp
    20211009_143318.webp
    234.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20211009_143302.webp
    20211009_143302.webp
    172.2 KB · Views: 147
It took much longer to get this restored than I had planned but after a lot of work it is finally finished. I do need to add plants, then fish as that will be the easier part of this whole project. Please excuse the quality of the pictures I provide because I do not have the best camera in my phone.

is it a fountain? that would be coool
 
That vintage aquarium has to be worth huge money. Great restoration.
 
How many gallons does it hold?
Are you going to add any lighting on that aquarium?
You should enter it in one of our Tank of the Month contest.
November 31 gallons and larger
December 16 gallons and smaller
January 17 to 30 gallons
Also please vote in our present contest. To view entries, click on banner at top of forum.
 
How many gallons does it hold?
Are you going to add any lighting on that aquarium?
You should enter it in one of our Tank of the Month contest.
November 31 gallons and larger
December 16 gallons and smaller
January 17 to 30 gallons
Also please vote in our present contest. To view entries, click on banner at top of forum.
ill enter the december and janurary totm contests because they're the ones i can enter
 

Most reactions

Back
Top