Ive Put Rocks In [ Piccies ]

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Infidel_Uk

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well my tanks cycled now , soon ill be adding some fish , 3 F8 puffers , bumble bee`s too probably 5 , and maybe a couple of others but 1st i need to *decorate* the tank, build a playground i suppose , i couldnt afford all i wanted today , but here is a few pics of what i COULD afford , i need a centrepiece still, and finding ones going to take time .... & maybe a couple or larger pieces

please feel free to laugh at what ive done, or just say what you think , be honest , here's a few pics ... OBVIOUSLY i need plants as well....

DSC01461.jpg

close up

DSC01460.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01456.jpg

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

and this is what it looked like before

DSC01351.jpg

I don't like the flat round pebbles, but everything else looks great. Can you lift and reseat it all to get the excess sand off the top?

One question - don't puffers like lots of cover? There's not much there they can hide behind.

honestly mate; i love it!

i like the way the sand has gone onto it, it look very natural, i really like it!

how about a huge mangrove root for the middle?

tank looks great mate :good:

also, adding on Craster's point, how about building up the stones, or make some leaning on the other one? ive done that; it gives some more height to the tank slightly.

also, like he said Craster, he is going to be buying alot of plants and he will be buying some more stuff when he has the funds :)

bagu thanks for your comments , im not sure whats gonna happen in the tank yet i know it needs more work , but hey ho , whats the rush !

i will build things up higher .

i will be adding a couple of fish this weekend for sure , im yet to do a 60 % water change , one last check on all my readings , and lower the temp to around 28c

can anyone say , will i be ok to add a small plant or 2 , *just to see* if they die, grow, or just sit there alive, lol

your tank is very nice but arggghh i dont like your sig its so annoying

lol BAE your avatar is annoying ^^

as a matter of fact Infidel...

one day i went out and brought a tank, and 3 live plants set it up the same day; no declor water or heater lol the plants lived fine somehow ;D

you could always try a few :)

i might just get one *sacrificial* plant hehe , im liking the look of the mangrove tho ....

ok bagu ill zip it fair point lol

and i find the water slide one pretty funny

well ive been to the LFS again , walked away with more rock , heres a few pics, once i add plants ill probably change it slightly, as you do , lol ...

anyway , thoughts plz ?

DSC01469.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

DSC01471.jpg

and a few leftovers...

DSC01472.jpg

im thinking of taking the piece out between the 2 main items....

by the time its planted and the fish are in , should look *ok*

same as before tho guys and dolls, feel free to take the piss, or tell me whats wrong, in your opinion :)

lol, that sand cost me almost 60 quid , its good sand hey :)

thanks , i can see a polar bear in there too ....

lol, that sand cost me almost 60 quid , its good sand hey :)

thanks , i can see a polar bear in there too ....
£60! if i payed £60 for sand every time my fish took a s**t on it the gravel vac would be right out lol

Must admit looks very smart though m8 well done

P.S did you get your rock decor online ? wouldnt mind some off that myself the stuff on the left side

EDIT sorry just read you got it from your lfs :(

Most reactions

trending

Back