I've Found Heaven On Earth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I measured the parameters of the water that he was in and they match my tap water.
I very much doubt the above statement..... :huh:

i believe ya .. i ve heard of it and does happen where some cant care for it and then dump it just casue it matches the qualtiy and natural ....

They probably did the same thing I did, studied them in their habitat then gave caring for them a shot.

You caught a yellow lab out of a lake in America. A yellow lab is an african cichlid and therefore you didn't observe it in it's natural envronment at all. Let me guess, you have plants in the tank, other species not native to lake Malawi and are probably feeding it meaty foods such as bloodworm - therefore you aren't caring for it properly at all and I think you are sick and should be ashamed of yourself.. taking fish out of the wild just to commit them to a deathsentance.. in fact.. it ain't worth it. I don't belive ya anyway. All you'll do is google image some pictures of a tropical lake, probably in Korea or something.. stupid idiot.

EDIT - wow! page 6, looks like you got the attention you so badly craved.

is it sunday in america yet lol im bordering on desperation here and when u take the pics just 2 prove 2 people its u leave a shoe or something in the pic so we no u didnt just take it of another site :good:

Wow timmy.... take it easy now... most live bearers and fish from pet store like them are just cought out of the wild and sent to the LFS, so really although you may not know it, you are probably doing the same thing he is except he is skipping the middle man and not exposing the fish to any horrible conditions that places like Walmart do.... I mean if this guy has a big tank and sufficient food and some cycled filter media, whats the problem...?

Now I don't necessiarly think anyone should be all bent out of shape here, but think of people who fish... they catch fish.... then the kill it and eat it, and he is providing a decent safe place for it to live... so why not..? Don't get me wrong here, I can see BOTH sides quite easily and I would have to agree with Timmy under different circumstances, such as if there was a very low population of them, but from what I understand, there are TONS, and I'm sure this happens a lot, all the time.... so all I am saying is, it could be A LOT worse off for the fish... maybe someone else is catching them a putting them in 10G's or something... but lets take it easy on him ok?

but think of people who fish... they catch fish.... then the kill it and eat it

lets take it easy on the fisherman aswell please :nod:

there not all evil people hu go out 2 kill fish some people like the thrill of cataching it then letting it go 2 maybe catch it again one day

They probably did the same thing I did, studied them in their habitat then gave caring for them a shot.

You caught a yellow lab out of a lake in America. A yellow lab is an african cichlid and therefore you didn't observe it in it's natural envronment at all. Let me guess, you have plants in the tank, other species not native to lake Malawi and are probably feeding it meaty foods such as bloodworm - therefore you aren't caring for it properly at all and I think you are sick and should be ashamed of yourself.. taking fish out of the wild just to commit them to a deathsentance.. in fact.. it ain't worth it. I don't belive ya anyway. All you'll do is google image some pictures of a tropical lake, probably in Korea or something.. stupid idiot.

EDIT - wow! page 6, looks like you got the attention you so badly craved.

Ok, we were never talking about the yellow lab. So I don't know what you are talking about, we were talking about the other fish that I posted which is probably a native species, and he is thriving in my tank where I give him plenty of care. About the African cichlid I got, I put him in my Malawi set up that I started a couple of weeks ago, he was the first fish as I don't want to overload my tank, so no one is recieving a death sentence.

About you calling me sick and a stupid idiot, that is completely uncalled for. There are ways to share your opinion without demeaning or slandering someone. I am sorry that you have such a low self-esteem that you have to trash talk other people. I never got mean or nasty with you so I don't know why you feel like you have to say those things. You don't have to believe me. I am just trying to share something awesome I found with other people with similar interests. I will be posting pics soon and I think you should decide then if I have googled a lake in Korea (which makes absolutely no sense). So please don't respond to my post unless you can be civil.

Wow timmy.... take it easy now... most live bearers and fish from pet store like them are just cought out of the wild and sent to the LFS, so really although you may not know it, you are probably doing the same thing he is except he is skipping the middle man and not exposing the fish to any horrible conditions that places like Walmart do.... I mean if this guy has a big tank and sufficient food and some cycled filter media, whats the problem...?

Now I don't necessiarly think anyone should be all bent out of shape here, but think of people who fish... they catch fish.... then the kill it and eat it, and he is providing a decent safe place for it to live... so why not..? Don't get me wrong here, I can see BOTH sides quite easily and I would have to agree with Timmy under different circumstances, such as if there was a very low population of them, but from what I understand, there are TONS, and I'm sure this happens a lot, all the time.... so all I am saying is, it could be A LOT worse off for the fish... maybe someone else is catching them a putting them in 10G's or something... but lets take it easy on him ok?

Thanks a lot Scott, I appreciate your comments.

balls in ur court now timmy, hes thrown down the gauntlet

Yeah I got nothing against fishermen, I just wanted an example..... i fish a little my self but it's all catch and release at a pond on my land...

and Chuka, I thik its good that you took it home, provided that there was more there! lol! the more I look at those Pics, the more I think it may be some type of South American Cichlid hybrid of some kind.... I'm really interested to find out....

balls in ur court now timmy, hes thrown down the gauntlet

To answer your previous question, no it is not sunday yet! Sorry man but I appreciate you sticking around to see the pics!! I will be on my way to the pond in about 24 hours, and will have the pics posted Sunday night. Thanks for everyone who remained nice, though there are many skeptics and thanks to all the believers.

Interesting story.

Will be watching for pics . . .

WOOOHOOOO LESS THAN A DAY TIL SOME PROGRESS IS MADE!!!!!!!!!!

i cant wait 2 see this lake in korea lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back