I've Found Heaven On Earth

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Myself and Tolak have edited the nonsense out of this thread and we've now restored it - it would be a shame to lose the entire thread because of a few pointless posts so please keep this on topic and civil.

Thanks

F

Thank you Ferris and Tolak!!! My thoughts exactly, this is a great topic, it would be a shame to lose it because of a couple people's squabbles.

Any new pics chukka? or at least any new plan to go to the springs again?

wow, i just read through the entire thread for about an hour and half. Now my neck is in a cramp am i noticed my mouth is hanging open.

Its a nice spot you found Chuka. I wish i could go there haha About your blindfolding someone on the way there, i would accept that but i dont know what my parents would think of a someone blindfolding their 13 year old and taking him into the middle of no where :shifty:

I wish i found something like that here in florida. Anyone who live in florida or someone outside know of a place here with something like that?
Jeez, now you make the lake i live nearby look bland and boring D:

Yep, the cichlid is a Male convict. Faily typical of a wild one because of the torn fins and poor condition.
Chuka: why dont you try spending a day fishing the pond? Catch what you can and keep them in a bucket. Take photos and release them.
Could dig up some intyeresting fish.

Glad to know this post is still around... and yes I am going back on Monday and VERY excited. I picked up some snorkel gear and my friend and I are really going to explore that pond. I will fish some more too. And don't worry I will post some sweet pics. I thought about getting an underwater camera but I am on a budget so I am not sure if I will or not, but there will be plenty of out of water pics. So, until then I suppose. (Now you can all believe that I will actually bring back pictures this time :hyper: )

Wow this is amazing,... just read it (skipping over a lot:p) and saw the pics, and wow... Wish there were spots like that here but it gets like -20 celcius in the winter so that wont be happening anytime soon eh...

Well goodluck with your snorkle..

Murph

It's probably best that tons of people don't know about it.. Someone would probably catch and sell everything they could.

It's a tough secret to keep, but it's a good idea to keep it!

OMG!!! OMG!!! That place sounds like a magic pond or something! I totally believe you. I want to go there so bad! I can't wait to see pics! Was anyone else there at the pool? :snap: :drool: :drool: :snap:

Well, we went back Monday and it was a blast. No one seemed too interested in more pics plus Walgreens was closed when we went by in the morning before we left so no underwater camera and I didn't take as many pics. We saw the usual Africans, Koi, Goldfish, unidentified fish, guppies, and convicts. I looked everywhere for the oscar but could not find him.

The new fish we found via our snorkel (which was amazing!!) were firemouth cichlids, a very large pleco and quite a few swordtails. It was great fun. Here are some pics.

The huge pleco we saw!
IMG_0135.jpg

My buddies hand a couple of feet in front of him to show size
IMG_0137.jpg

The best pic I could get of a firemouth:
IMG_0138.jpg

An African we brought home (in my friends tank)
Ryan3.jpg

Well, thats about it of any interest. I desperatly tried to catch a firemouth but they and all of the other fish were extremely nervous. We only caught about 17 fish with a big circular chicken wire net, and we usually get three times as much. (Don't worry we pic through them and bring home two at the most) We also plan on releasing a few different types of fish back into the pond. We think so many people (locals) stop by and feed them that they were not too desperate to be baited in by us. Well, that about sums up the trip... a lot of fun.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back