stuhyde
Fish Crazy
You just dont realise the cost involved when upgrading from a 3ft > 5ft. Pretty much all my equipment has had to be bought again for upgraded versions..
So my tank is now pretty much sorted, just need to finish building the hood..
Got my tetratec aps400 for the air, ex1200 filter, a 40w 4ft lamp and starter, and 2 x 200w heaters.
I just need to now get my good bacteria into the new filter, which I will do by replacing the media in the 1200 from the 700.
Is there anything else I can do from my established tank to ensure good bacteria transfer?
Thought about that hard foam stuff and putting it over the intake pipe of the established tank for a few weeks, then "wash" it in the new tank once full and up to temp.
Will this help?

So my tank is now pretty much sorted, just need to finish building the hood..
Got my tetratec aps400 for the air, ex1200 filter, a 40w 4ft lamp and starter, and 2 x 200w heaters.
I just need to now get my good bacteria into the new filter, which I will do by replacing the media in the 1200 from the 700.
Is there anything else I can do from my established tank to ensure good bacteria transfer?
Thought about that hard foam stuff and putting it over the intake pipe of the established tank for a few weeks, then "wash" it in the new tank once full and up to temp.
Will this help?










