Itty Bitty Betta!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BettaBoyz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i was reading one of your replies (i forget which, that's my memory for ya!) and noticed you'd picked up, no, three more Bettas?!

:lol: a platoon! sends like you're going to make itty bitty army helmets and send them off to war. but no, no Bettaholic would send a Betta off to war. perhaps you'd send them to watch war movies! :hyper:

aside from that, the Betta bug missed me this week :-( but next week, i asked Francesca when new Bettas were coming in, "Oh, Tuesday or Wednesday." my mom's taking me Tuesday to get them, i've got four openings right now and plan on picking up more tanks; a halved Aquaview+, and a halved gallon bowl!

-dances- we desperately need a Bettaholics Anonymus meeting! there should be a sign-up sheet beside the Betta cups at every pet store! :lol:

Okay, maybe not platoon. Hmmm... A squadron of fighters sounds right. :)

Hey --- you have 4 tanks ready and plan on supplying your forces with more tanks?! Yeah, who's talking war here? :shifty:

What's an Aquaview+? :huh:

And what kind of betta are you looking forward to? I admit I went a tad bit Cambo-crazy. But when I saw this itty-bitty cambodian, I thought it was a very young male. I didn't realize the store sold females, too! :fun:

actually right now i have two halved tanks and i'm getting two more .5g tanks for new Bettas, and have three tanks with Bettas, so technically i only have two tanks for new Bettas right now ^^

Aquaview+ are little wedge-shaped tanks by Hawkeye complete with undergravel filter and mini-hood, but i ditched the filter a while ago.

i'm hoping to find Pineapple-y, white, and pure red boys as well as a Cambodian girl for the tanks i have now, and perhaps a purple and a piebald in any color for the tanks i'm picking up ^^ my LPS will probably get at least two of those types in, they keep surprising me with the beauty of their hand-picked Bettas! at all the other stores i've found them at they always look like they're from the same spawn, but at my LPS there's so much difference!

-dances around- when i saw my first girlie, i remember calling it a little baby Betta because she was soooo tiny and i had no clue female Bettas were soooo colorful! of course Da Big, Bad Donny ate her ventral and she died :-(

What's the size of your divided(x2) tanks?

Do you have a link where I might peek at an Aquaview+ tank setup?

Yes, the cambodian color combo rulez! You're looking for a velvet red or a candy-apple red? The LFS closest to me has nothing but blues. Any other color gets snatched away the first day.

Yes, I like the girlie bettas. They seem so much more docile and peaceful. She was a cambodian, so I snatched her right away.

What I'm looking for is a "Fire Fin" betta. Picture a betta with a dark body - can be dark dark brown or black, no shimmering - and bright red fins. Kind of like this:

betta.jpg

BettaBoyz said:
.... my LPS will probably get at least two of those types in, they keep surprising me with the beauty of their hand-picked Bettas! at all the other stores i've found them at they always look like they're from the same spawn, but at my LPS there's so much difference!
You guys make me so jealous!!!! :X :/ :S I want a yellow one, and an orange one and a black one and a brown one. In fact, I'll take one of everything! :hyper: But all I seem to see are red and blue ones.....

Waaaaaaaaaa :-(

Inchworm, I'm thinking of breeding my cambodian female to one of my other 4 cambodian males. One has red/white butterfly- pattern finnage, another has a very nice fantail finnage, then there is one with a very bright pink body, then one with deep red finnage. Which to choose......

I'm just thinking where I can find the space, how many to expect, what kind of tank I need, how to ship, and so forth. If I can do that, then I will be more than happy to send you one of her first generation. But this plan might not go into effect until sometime late spring. I might even dump the TV and computer in my room to make space.

I'll read up more on breeding.
:)

Hi Itty Bitty Betta :)

It would be wonderful to have one of your baby bettas! :thumbs: I hope you do breed them! :nod: In fact, I'd even go in on the L.I.R.R. to pick it up. And, I'd bring you some little bronze cory's while I was at it.

BTW, if you are ever coming out this way, just let me know and you can come and get some of the corys. :D I'd be happy to know they were going to a good home. ;)

Itty, both tanks were 1g alone, but divided theyare .5g. all my Bettas seem fine in .5g set ups, and my dad can't complain about me having so many tanks around my room if, in reality, they're divided!

you're going to hate me Itty. my Flashy looks exactly like that fishie you showed, only his body's darker with purple iridescence, and his dorsal fin is steel ^^ he's such a little sweetheart, and such a little chicken! bars up at night when the lights go off, flares in surprise when i come into the room!

i feel lucky ^^ so far, i've been able to find the most beautiful Bettas at my LPS, a store in Cornwall and a Quebec-chain! my first Betta-boy was a Blue Cambodian, second a purple (from a wall of identical brother-fish) third is my Green Cambodian Pierce, fourth was a lavender-blue-and-white Butterfly, fifth is Flashy, sixth a grizzled Cambodian! then there was my girlie Cambodian, and Crumple, who's confusing me!

-dances- hooray for homegrown, prettyful Bettas!

BettaBoyz said:
Itty, both tanks were 1g alone, but divided theyare .5g. all my Bettas seem fine in .5g set ups, and my dad can't complain about me having so many tanks around my room if, in reality, they're divided!

you're going to hate me Itty. my Flashy looks exactly like that fishie you showed, only his body's darker with purple iridescence, and his dorsal fin is steel ^^ he's such a little sweetheart, and such a little chicken! bars up at night when the lights go off, flares in surprise when i come into the room!

i feel lucky ^^ so far, i've been able to find the most beautiful Bettas at my LPS, a store in Cornwall and a Quebec-chain! my first Betta-boy was a Blue Cambodian, second a purple (from a wall of identical brother-fish) third is my Green Cambodian Pierce, fourth was a lavender-blue-and-white Butterfly, fifth is Flashy, sixth a grizzled Cambodian! then there was my girlie Cambodian, and Crumple, who's confusing me!

-dances- hooray for homegrown, prettyful Bettas!
We should hold those flaring contests FishHead talked about. Looks like a military buildup they way things are going here. :lol: BTW, the blue cambodian - you mean he has a pink body and blue fins? :huh:

"with the way everyone is getting Betta Fever lately, we could storm the bad pet stores and hold the clerks hostage until our brothers demands are met!" says Pierce.

and yup, i do mean pink body with blue fins. perfect coloration to, no wash ^^ then Pop-Eye... damn my lack of medication! that's the only bad thing about my LPS, only meds they carry are RidIch and Clout.

BettaBoyz said:
"with the way everyone is getting Betta Fever lately, we could storm the bad pet stores and hold the clerks hostage until our brothers demands are met!" says Pierce.

and yup, i do mean pink body with blue fins. perfect coloration to, no wash ^^ then Pop-Eye... damn my lack of medication! that's the only bad thing about my LPS, only meds they carry are RidIch and Clout.

The squadron replies, "Let's show them what it's like to live in a cup......"

Oh damn, your cambodian has popeye??? Poor guy.....
Any body here with a solution for popeye?
:/ :-(

sadly, Itty, Da Big Bad Donny-Boy passed away a month ago from the PopEye :-( it got painful for both him (he started spiraling uncontrollably) and me, so i put him down...

"YEAH! Down with filthy cups, up with Betta Tanks!" echo the Boyz.

Most reactions

Back