It's pouring!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Can we see one of a DT?

I really wanna check them out...

Cute Fry......... :wub:

oo plakat babies. i would like to say that plakats are in a way more attached to siblings. they can stay together longer and usually dont have to be seperated for a long time. there is a thai breeder that i know that actually sells his 3months out of the growout. its amazing because of the change in color once they are removed.

thanks you guys :wub: I'm a bit ashamed of the velvet but hey,I suppose it happens. So far no losses.

Joker~ here's what it looks like when I try to single out a fish :blink:

Attachments

• be22.jpg
    be22.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 59
MY GOODNESS WUV!!!!! :crazy: that's a lot of babies you got there! :lol: but they're all cute as heck and you know it :rolleyes:

could i just ask you what ur feeding them right now? i beleive my fry are about teh same age as yours, but mine are only about .75 inches or so, i feed them mostly frozen brineshrimp and frozen bloodwroms, with a pea here and there and crushed hikari bio gold.

Lovely babies :thumbs: lovely deson't even begin to describe it :wub:

And here's the only decent DT shot I could get...he's the one being pushed around ;)

Attachments

• be44.jpg
    be44.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 54
wuvmybetta said:
thanks you guys :wub: I'm a bit ashamed of the velvet but hey,I suppose it happens. So far no losses.

Joker~ here's what it looks like when I try to single out a fish :blink:
such cuties!
i hope nobody is chlostrophobic!

cc~ they get mostly bloodworms and brine too. I recently started feeding them grindals as well. Then they get the occasional flake or mysis shrimp. Its hard to feed them because the bigger,faster fry take everything leaving the smaller ones still hungry :(

Ahhh, they're gorgeous :) As for the purple/blue overlay, don't feel bad about that, it is VERY tough to breed out of reds/oranges completely. From what I understand it takes alot of generations and bringing in good stock. I have no doubt you could do it though :) My reds have it in blue and green (some have the blue, some have the green), some have alot and some not too much. So of course I'm looking for the one with the least that also has nice finnage, to breed next :)

Linda

hmm okay, i'm still confuse dto how you can raise ur fry so much faster!! :lol:

i'm thinking of gettin ga pack of mysis shrimp, but i'm afraidt hey wont' eat it...what other frozen foods do you think i could try? plankton?

i have the same problem with the fry, i try to get everyoen full but ti's hard sometimes :/

with that kinda spawn size i bet you go through a LOT of frozen food :D

shrks1fan said:
Ahhh, they're gorgeous :)  As for the purple/blue overlay, don't feel bad about that, it is VERY tough to breed out of reds/oranges completely.  From what I understand it takes alot of generations and bringing in good stock.  I have no doubt you could do it though :)  My reds have it in blue and green (some have the blue, some have the green), some have alot and some not too much.  So of course I'm looking for the one with the least that also has nice finnage, to breed next :)

Linda
True :nod: I think they're cute with the purple....I'll admit it. One thing that's good is that this confirms my theory that I can mix the orange with anything and duplicate the other color. So here's to my recent ct spawn
:-

cc~ I dunno. I don't do much different. I feel like the velvet and my lack of time the last couple of weeks has slowed them down immensely. I've been so busy that they're only getting fed 3 times a day,max. And i do go through a lot of frozen food. So much that it teeters on the edge of insanity.

Thanks dd

Well,I jarred the first few today :/ They're depressed. I hate jarring them,they literally get the life sucked out of them for the first couple of days.

On another note,my doubletails are amazing :*) :* They're just preciously ab-fab and I can't wait until they get bigger.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back