It's a start......

I'm soooo jealous of your lights, Mike. With that canopy, your plants will thrive! Don't feel bad if the one I caught a peek of in the lower right of that last pic die... (oval bi-coloured leaves); it's a pilea. It's actually a terrestrial plant and won't survive for very long fully submerged. :\

And angel lover, discus like soft, acidic, warm water... not unlike angelfish! They're south American cichlids, too. They are sensitive to poor water conditions and can be very territorial. They're usually kept in species tanks. :)

Well I hope they do well! If the pilea does die I won't be too sad, I got it for free cuz I was sweet talking the girl at the store! (don't know why it worked) but I got 4 plants for the price of 1! YAY!

240$ on lights! .... I had better not tell u that u could have got it for 130$ on the net then had I ...oops :devil: :rolleyes:

The tank looks nice tho, I bet u any money that the fern (the one it the center of all the plants) grows like mad....and so should all the others :)

It was an impulse buy, so I don't feel bad about it at all!

Remember that it is 240 CANADIAN which is like 5 American!

:p I just like fighting with Ron, period! It's fun! :nod:

With the plants, they seem to be doing alright, I bought some "plant grow" stuff and an iron tester, my levels on chelated iron were a little low as of the first test so I added more grow stuff, I don't even know if I need to be going through all this stuff, but it is worth a try......and if the effort pays off, then bonus! ;) :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Ron said:
P.S. Feline, yes, I have that probelm in my planted molly tank!! Whoa...its soo hard to get rid of!! Its finally green algea instead of the brown stuff! But I've tried everything, algea eaters, magnets, ext. everything but chemicals. Not too big of a fan of chems.
I thought molly eats algae too?! :huh: -_- Oh well, I have tried nearly everything as well, but none worked really well... My fry n crab tanks got covered with black brush algae, and main tank with thread, green/brown (they like to switch identity) algae... :no:

Mike, I did buy a red tailed shark once but it freaked out all its tankmates so I had no choice but to exile him unfortunately... :/

That's crappy! Luckily mine live with cichlids and they are not easily freaked! ;)

Shimanocono, its safe to say that mike and I fight like cats and dogs!! HAHAHA, get it, cats and dogs!!!!???? :lol: :D Yea, :huh: probably not!! Anyways, mike just dosn't get the fact that dogs are the best, and cats are and will always be second best! He's in denile....he needs a little help getting over this stage. You could call me the person who is getting him out of his stage right now. It's tough, but I'll sacrafice my own time to pull him through this, I feel its my responsibility!!! :p :lol: :D ;) :nod:
Ron, *the puller-outer of the cat loving stage that everyone experiences some point in their life time!*

chain of command

parrots
cats
dogs
:lol:

Mike 250 canadian is like 180 US

Most reactions

Back