The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The-Wolf

Ex-LFS manager/ keeper of over 30 danio species
Reaction score
did something about this?
Most users ever online was 841 on Dec 4 2006, 04:12 PM

how about choosing a day and getting everyone to log in and keep the computer on and logged in for that day?
what do you think?

oh and to all those 'environmentalists' out there
if you are concerned about having the PC on all day why not turn something else off, like the TV
or not boil the kettle all that day to counteract it

good idea but there are alot of people out there that arnt active but still we can have over a 1000 peeps on here at say 7 pm one night but you will find you will get more peeps on as the darker and colder nights draw in

what you think The-wolf whats your real name anyways

cheers dane

You know what? It's so funny that you should bring this topic up coz I've been thinking about that for quite some time!
x

Me too, I've been thinking about this for sometime. I think we should do it.

I'm neither for it or against it. But I would like to know why?
So that new comers, well some of them, will look at what was the max members online and if we make the number big enough they will think that this forum is a good forum which it is.

The proof of the pudding is in the taste.
Sorry but this is a ridiculous idea. Newcomers, such as myself will see the quality of the answers to their questions. Which is how I'd seen it. And still do.
They will see the friendly aproach to the subjects and may be wise enough to stick with the forum to satisfy their fishkeeping curiosity.
High numbers don't make something appear right or good. Consistancy does

I'm neither for it or against it. But I would like to know why?
So that new comers, well some of them, will look at what was the max members online and if we make the number big enough they will think that this forum is a good forum which it is.

Sorry but this is a ridiculous idea. Newcomers, such as myself will see the quality of the answers to their questions. Which is how I'd seen it. And still do.
They will see the friendly aproach to the subjects and may be wise enough to stick with the forum to satisfy their fishkeeping curiosity.

How about: Why not? Let's do it just so we can say we did. People do things just for the heck of it all the time, why not this.

And I do agree with you madgap, this is a great forum because great people give great help. (That last wasn't gramatically correct, but I just had to add another great in there :fun: :lol: )

I would be in favour of trying to support but if son has the computer I would rather let him have time as if he wants it I will just get beaten up.

The problem with some folks like myself other commitment take priority.

I'll try but not all have free lives.

Thank god there's at least some common sense in this thread...

did something about this?
Most users ever online was 841 on Dec 4 2006, 04:12 PM

how about choosing a day and getting everyone to log in and keep the computer on and logged in for that day?
what do you think?

oh and to all those 'environmentalists' out there
if you are concerned about having the PC on all day why not turn something else off, like the TV
or not boil the kettle all that day to counteract it

I had the same idea but i thought theat people would think its daft :blush:
Good idea and the fact that people wont be able to make it on beacose of work etc cant be helpes so we migh as well do it.

Cheers, Joemuz

Leaving the computer on with this forum up isnt really going to work cos if I remember, the users online is counted by people active in the last 15 mins...
Why not pick a time which the largest coutrys with members in (England and America) can come on at, for example 10pm over here, which could be 4pm over there and then the majority of people could come on. And jjust come on between an hour or less if an hour isnt feasable?

You would have to post everywhere to make sure that everyone knew when. Some don't look here. It sounds good though. Maybe it will even remind some people that we are still here. I have noticed that a lot of the older members are not on nearly as often as before, and it would be cool to have that many people to talk to. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back