Is This The Right Salt For Whitespot

kedge

New Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2008
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I finished the fishless cycle of my aquarium last week (took 7 weeks in total) and this weekend I have added 6 yellow labs and 6 red top hongi of about 2 inches each but I have noticed alot of scratching against rocks ect but no signs of whitespot on any of them, slowly I have bumped the temp up to 30c and they all seem fine with it if not a bit to lively at the moment.
Now I want to add salt just incase of whitespot but been in 2 LFS and only could find marine salt or API aquarium salt, is this the right stuff?

<a href="http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/addtobasket.asp?skid=500" target="_blank">http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/addtobasket.asp?skid=500</a>

My water parameters are all perfect.
 
I finished the fishless cycle of my aquarium last week (took 7 weeks in total) and this weekend I have added 6 yellow labs and 6 red top hongi of about 2 inches each but I have noticed alot of scratching against rocks ect but no signs of whitespot on any of them, slowly I have bumped the temp up to 30c and they all seem fine with it if not a bit to lively at the moment.
Now I want to add salt just incase of whitespot but been in 2 LFS and only could find marine salt or API aquarium salt, is this the right stuff?

[URL="http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/addtobasket.asp?skid=500"]http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/addtobasket.asp?skid=500[/URL]

My water parameters are all perfect.

Tank is a roma 200 with eheim 2215

the Api stuff is what you want, don't treat with whitespot treatment unless you see whitespot though, if you catch it early is easy peasy to treat but treating nothing might cause you problems

andrew
 
Ok, thanks for your reply.

I have just been informed from LFS that another form of scratching could be velvet and to leave the dark in darkness for at least 3 days, does this sound correct?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top