Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. click here to vote now!
    FishForums.net Vote Pet of the Month
    Dismiss Notice

Is this stocking correct for a 1.5 gallon tank?

Discussion in 'New to the Hobby Questions and Answers' started by Bettalover12, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Bettalover12

Bettalover12 New Member

So i have a 1.5 gallon tank with a heater and filter that a betta used to live in(now he lives in a planted 5.5 gallon tank)
    Anyways i decided i want to have brine shrimp in my 1.5 gallon tank. I will use a biolocical filter and be sure to test the water every week. My family and i have a 73 gallon saltwater tank downstairs so i already have the salt for the small brine shrimp tank. I was wondering if i could put a small layer of live sand on the bottom of my 1.5 gallon tank for the brine shrimp? And a small live rock as well? I will feed some of the brine shrimp to the saltwater fish every week. I will also be using a small heater for the brine shrimp tank, does this sound okay? Is there anything i should know about keeping brine shrimp?

2. Mr. Bones

Mr. Bones Fish Fanatic

I dont think its really feasable to try to actually keep brine shrimp in that way. They are mainly hatched from eggs, and fed within a day or two, not as a self reproducing food source.

3. Bettalover12

Bettalover12 New Member

Oh ok do you think it would be ok to just have them as "pets"? I just want to start with brine shrimp for now and after half a year(when they are supposed to die) maybe i could get a bigger tank and have cherry shrimp?

4. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fish Crazy

You realize that your beta is in too small of a tank?