16gallontanker Fish Crazy Joined Apr 18, 2024 Messages 274 Reaction score 91 Points 28 Location Cleburne TX Feb 27, 2025 #1 What is causing these holes and loss of roots?is it water quality or too much light or too much flow or rizome rot? Attachments 17406612671934144186057783019811.webp 86.6 KB · Views: 145 17406612808961303589689810640700.webp 82.3 KB · Views: 120 Last edited: Feb 27, 2025
What is causing these holes and loss of roots?is it water quality or too much light or too much flow or rizome rot?
16gallontanker Fish Crazy Joined Apr 18, 2024 Messages 274 Reaction score 91 Points 28 Location Cleburne TX Feb 27, 2025 #2 Could it be the start of rizome rot and if so should I trim it or leave it? Attachments 17406628553489204136222578335730.webp 66.6 KB · Views: 67
GaryE28 143 Moderator Staff member Global Moderator ⚒️ 2x Fish of the Month 🌟 Joined Oct 14, 2011 Messages 11,295 Reaction score 20,564 Points 113 Location Eastern Canada Feb 27, 2025 #3 Everything looks very good to my eye. I've kept and propagated Anubias and Bolbitis for 25 years, and have never seen rizome rot. I don't see it there - the plants look great.
Everything looks very good to my eye. I've kept and propagated Anubias and Bolbitis for 25 years, and have never seen rizome rot. I don't see it there - the plants look great.
MaloK ><(((*> Joined Nov 15, 2023 Messages 3,015 Reaction score 3,923 Points 113 Location Canada Feb 27, 2025 #4 It looks like biofilm and should not be a problem. You can blow it off with a turkey baster, to be able to see if it is indeed "attacking" the plant. But I wouldn't think so.
It looks like biofilm and should not be a problem. You can blow it off with a turkey baster, to be able to see if it is indeed "attacking" the plant. But I wouldn't think so.