Is This Possible

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

wonton55912

Reaction score
a 1.5gal saltwater and also what do i put in it? i like color and variety so any colorful shrimp or something?

Yes it's possible, but should you do it is another question. I personally disagree with this, mainly as it is too small for any creature, and is cruel to keep them in such small captivity. So please invest in a larger tank :good:

I agree with Josh, when i was a newbie i was dumb and put a clownfish in a 2.5G. Though, you can make a "zoa garden". If u didnt know, zoanthids are button-like corals; polyps. There are over thousands and thousands of different color zoanthids out there for ex. CLICK ME. If you are going to do this then i suggest u do plenty of research and watch your water params. because they fluctuate constantly in such a small tank.

I agree with Josh, when i was a newbie i was dumb and put a clownfish in a 2.5G. Though, you can make a "zoa garden". If u didnt know, zoanthids are button-like corals; polyps. There are over thousands and thousands of different color zoanthids out there for ex. CLICK ME. If you are going to do this then i suggest u do plenty of research and watch your water params. because they fluctuate constantly in such a small tank.

Although a Zoa garden would be very cool, I think in the long run it is best to just purchase a larger tank, as i'm sure you are a beginner to Marine aquariums and don't know much about Marine Aquariums, and there is a vast range of information you need to aquire. Sadly it's not as simple as dumping salt into a tank and a couple bits of live rock and a fish all in one day, it all takes time, as all the water parameters need to adjust, and an ecosystem to form, as i'm sure you would know. So please as Milkton says do ALOT of research, and then compile a tank upon your findings, and if you have any questions i'm sure many of the members of this forum will be more than happy to help, there really are some very intelligent and well informed aquarists amoungst us here.

All of the best of luck to you for the future, and hope to see a nice double digited gallon tank of yours on here soon :good:

i say do it when you have a bigger tank. once you know what you are doing you can easly do a smaller tank :good:

Most reactions

Back