Is This Overstocked?

Elrohirthehasty

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
Is this overstocked?
If not, what could/should I add?

well planted 29gal with,

-5 lemon tetras
-5 halequin rasboras
-2 platies
-5 kuhlii loaches
-1 emerald corydoras
 
definitely not. up the tetra shoals to 8

up the khulis to 6

up the cories to 4

some may say this is over stocked what i have recommended...but when you take the waste produced into consideration and not the length of the fish
 
I don't think is is over stocked, corries don't produce much waste, so they aren't much of a problem, I would deffinately get more corries though. I would get 1-2 more kuhlis so they are happier. Are the platties male and female? If they are that might be why people say it is over stocked, but I am pretty sure that parents eat the fry if they aren't removed.
 
No, up the Tetras to at least 15, and the Corys to 4.
 
I don't think is is over stocked, corries don't produce much waste, so they aren't much of a problem, I would deffinately get more corries though. I would get 1-2 more kuhlis so they are happier. Are the platties male and female? If they are that might be why people say it is over stocked, but I am pretty sure that parents eat the fry if they aren't removed.

I have 2 males. I used to have a female too, but she died in fishybirth. I have 2 fry that manage to survive, and if they don't get eaten and they survive to adulthood, I will give them to a friend.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top