Is this overstocked, if not can I add some kuhli loach in?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Does water lettuce make the tank look worse or better?
View attachment 117864View attachment 117863
Looks better. Plants are always an improvement, and fish really appreciate floating plant cover.

As for the rosy barb/khuli loach tank, I don't know whether rosy barbs are compatible, so you'd have to look that up yourself, but if they are, then yes, much better to put them in the larger understocked tank than one that's already at capacity.

Good job. It looks nicer and adds something extra to the tank for the fish to interact with. I also like that you've topped the tank up a bit. I'm a fan of fuller tanks. Just that it looks nice :wub:

Do you think substrate too bright, should I change it to black glass gravel?

I really want Limpopo sand that @seangee and @AdoraBelle Dearheart used but most seller don’t ship to me :(

Last edited:
No, it's fine. It's a natural sand colour not a fake brilliant white. Concentrate on saving up for plants and a larger tank for knife fish/plecos etc.
Don’t worry, I just got 10000 baht ($316) from my grandma as a birthday present but the thing is she wants me to save it in banks as I have almost 100000$ in banks and from my grandma

so....I’m gonna use a little bit of that money to buy my new tank

Plant looks really good! Substrate is perfect.

As for the kuhlis and the barbs, yes! Theyre very compatible. Keep the temperature around 23C and both will be more than happy longterm :D

Theyd be much, much happier and healthier in the 25 with the barbs than they would cramped in the 5g or the already full stocked 20g

Is 1 cm of sand substrate too little, should I add more?

1cm of substrate is fine for fish. If you have plants then they need it deeper. However, you can grow plants in pots and leave the substrate on the bottom of the tank at 1cm.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back