8 tiger barbs
1 rtbs/ 3 ud cats
55 gallons...

5 clown loaches @ 10" each = 50" of adult fish
2 kribs @ 4" each = 8" of adult fish
2 cories @ 3" each (average size of cories) = 6" of adult fish
8 tiger barbs @ 3" each = 24" of adult fish
1 rtbs @ 5" = 5" of adult fish
3 ud cats @ 4" each = 12" of adult fish.

That amounts to 105" of adult fish. Using the 1" per gallon of water guideline, I'd say you're way overstocked. If your fish are juvies then you're probably not now, but you will be when they grow.

That will all depend on how much they grow.

I guess there are things to be done to slow growth down, but IMO those are not good practices

Clown Loaches are very slow growers, and I've read that they can take up to 20 years to reach full length, so I would think you'd be ok for a while!!

i dont think you are overstocked at all as ong as you have good filtration.

edit...sorry..i missed the usd cats and rtbs...quite a few bottom dwellers you have, infact everything you have there occupies the bottom of the tank..

i'm sure you are fine for the moment though...no need to panic, as long as you realise you will need to upgrade in the future..and maybe thin out those bottom dwellers.

gixer said:
i dont think you are overstocked at all as ong as you have good filtration.

edit...sorry..i missed the usd cats and rtbs...quite a few bottom dwellers you have, infact everything you have there occupies the bottom of the tank..

i'm sure you are fine for the moment though...no need to panic, as long as you realise you will need to upgrade in the future..and maybe thin out those bottom dwellers.
well i typed rtbs OR udc ? -_-

well how about this....

5 clown loaches ( i already have them so i cant change)
2 cories ( :dunno: )(already have em)
8 tiger barbs
6 ottos / 2 bristlenose plec
1 rtbs/3 udc

i also want your oppinion about rtbs or udc and otto or plec :look:

I think it would be more than fine for now as the only thing that would outgrow your tank is the clown loaches which as said take a fair while to grow to adult size so you should be fine :)

I wouldnt say you have too many bottom dwellers either, it all depends on the layout and design of your tank, (lots of rocks and cave systems - I used large pieces of slate to create a natural cave system in my 50G which the cats and clown loaches love.)

Ben

How about this new list.......

55Gallon- Community :)

5 clown loach :p
8 zebra danio :shifty:
4 sparkling gourami :wub: ( are they too small? -_- )
8 tiger barbs :whistle:
3-4 Ud cats (MAYBE..):crazy:
1 gibbi plec (i will trade them in for a smaller one when my old one gets big) :nod:

i wouldnt put 8 tiger barbs in with such peace full fish :no: they wouldnt get along to well, sorry to ruin ur fantasy

Most reactions

Back