Is This An Expensive Hobby

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

your fridge and chest freezer are likley to be the cuplrit, in an average household the fridge alone makes up one quarter of the electricty used. How old are your fridge and freezer, we had an old chest freezer and it just drank electricity, switched it off and stopped using it and my bills dropped drastically.

Even MORE off topic... has anyone tried these "saver plugs" (sp?) on their fridge, and HOW do they work ?

if you are worried about the elec price i think maybe you should give up all hobbys and sit in the dark with a candle for heat :lol:

your fridge and chest freezer are likley to be the cuplrit, in an average household the fridge alone makes up one quarter of the electricty used. How old are your fridge and freezer, we had an old chest freezer and it just drank electricity, switched it off and stopped using it and my bills dropped drastically.
Now in -my- house I think there might just be a little problem with the lower room filled with boys with PS3's and XBoxes which they insist on never turning off... well, come to think of it, they're always opening the fridge too, sigh... :lol:

Now in -my- house I think there might just be a little problem with the lower room filled with boys with PS3's and XBoxes which they insist on never turning off... well, come to think of it, they're always opening the fridge too, sigh... :lol:

lol, Ian seems to think when we move house he's gonna get a play room full of that sort of stuff...... i've said that's fine so long as I can have a nursery :shifty: :lol:

Electric bills are certainly rising, our last bill was £770 more for the quarter than the last so we asked for them to check again, turns out that we are using the equivilent of around £180 a month in electric based on one days usage.
Before anyone panics and starts rehoming their fish we are running my fish house with 17 tanks, a 150 gallon in the front room and my mrs reptile room with around 20 vivariums so we are definately higher than average users but we were still shocked at how the increases in electricity costs have affected our bills.

Electric bills are certainly rising, our last bill was £770 more for the quarter than the last so we asked for them to check again, turns out that we are using the equivilent of around £180 a month in electric based on one days usage.
Before anyone panics and starts rehoming their fish we are running my fish house with 17 tanks, a 150 gallon in the front room and my mrs reptile room with around 20 vivariums so we are definately higher than average users but we were still shocked at how the increases in electricity costs have affected our bills.

:crazy: Would love to see your house!! :lol:

According to the calc it would be £114 per year for me and unfortunately I do pay the bill myself. But I think it is hard to estimate the heating as you dont have it on 24 hours as it runs on a thermostat. In fact, Ive no idea how many hours a day it runs, summer or winter ... It cant be 24 though. Its in a warm living room.

Most reactions

Back