Is This Acceptable

In a word....No. No filter/lighting/heater for starter, and they shouldn't, imo, be kept in less than 3 gallons. That tank is positively cruel.
 
Yup, yet another Ebay mess up *looks all annoyed*
You should get a nice, 5 - 10 gallon tank with lighting, filteration and heating :) You won't regret it!
 
i saw somewhere online a picture of an office, and on the desk in little clear plastic cups were bettas. apparantly its a trendy thing :(

i think its downright nasty, i mean can the fish even turn around in those things?? they must get filthy very fast. and warm too!!!!!
 
In a word....No. No filter/lighting/heater for starter, and they shouldn't, imo, be kept in less than 3 gallons. That tank is positively cruel.

Thats not completley true, you can keep bettas without a filter/heater, its just nice for them to have these.

But i wouldnt keep a betta in that.
 
i saw somewhere online a picture of an office, and on the desk in little clear plastic cups were bettas. apparantly its a trendy thing :(

i think its downright nasty, i mean can the fish even turn around in those things?? they must get filthy very fast. and warm too!!!!!

I've seen it in person. Nearly every lawyer and accountant in my town has them. From week to week through tax season, I noted that the color of the bettas in my tax guy's office changed, I'm not even sure they bothered to feed them for how long they lasted.
 
It's just ashame ebay doesn't stop people selling torture chambers.... makes me sick to think people would do such a thing to a living being.
 
It's a cup, not a tank. :lol:

I think my tea cups are larger than that... 9cm across and 13cm high *looks at box of just purchased mugs*

Tea cup is 9cm wide, 11cm tall....Not much larger :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for any fish that is forced to live in one of those. I wouldn't even use that as a specimin container for catching fish that can't leave the water....

Regards
Rabbut
 
I find it bizarre that anyone would pay good money for one of these when I can pop down to my local supermarket and buy a huge ornamental glass vase for £10-20 that is more than 10 times the size, far nicer looking and would make an ideal home for a betta. Hell, even a plastic 'goldfish' bowl would be a better home for one than one of those. And what are they, a couple of quid? :(
 
I would use that for jarring male fry, for a few days tops, and I'm talking tiny, tiny babies here. Ridiculous. Absolute disgrace that people cram bettas into these tiny containers.
 
Great Rocknurworld!, you have saved me the trouble of looking myself. And I will order 4 of these on Friday :good: My Betta's will be so happy....Thanks again
 

Most reactions

Back
Top