Is This A Good Stocking?

paul_219

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
4,772
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Lebanon
Is this a good stocking?

8 zebra danio
4-6 ottos
6-8 neon tetras
3 platy
Or
3 swordtails

Can i have guppies? Instead of platy or swordtails?

My tank is 29 gal tank.
 
Yes I think its a great stocking and you can add guppies instead. I once had a similar setup and it worked great, a very friendly peaceful tank. I prefer platys to swordtails but I would get three females, I have had males that hated each other and the bullying was bad. If you mix males/females you can guarantee babies.
 
Sounds fine. I'd get platies instead of swordtails. Swords actually get pretty big (4 inches). I have one in a 29 and he's a pretty fast swimmer, so he sometimes bumps into things. You can actually add platies and guppies! You could put 3 guppies.

I actually don't know about the danios. They're really active and your other fish are kind of calm. Maybe rethink them, or get less.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top