Is This A Damselfly Larvae?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kirsty5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Is this a damselfly larvae?

(Would have posted in another section but it would not give me the option of adding pics).

Attachments

• PB180005.JPG
    PB180005.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 17
  • PB180012.JPG
    PB180012.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 15
They seem like it, or they could be Stonefly Larvae

Its only about 1cm from what I can see.......

I feel the need to go and buy it some bloodworm!!!

Its only about 1cm from what I can see.......

I feel the need to go and buy it some bloodworm!!!

?? :blink:

if its only that big
its more like to be
may fly or stone fly
nymph damsel fly would
be about 2 to 3 inch long

Thanks guys.

As for the bloodworm, well, I feel sorry for it, its got no food source apart from the 'pods that are in the tank....... (I'm a total nutjob and feel the need to offer it some kind of food :rolleyes: ).

hi, i don't think it is a damselfly larva because they have 3 spines on their tails.

cheers :good:

Thanks guys.

As for the bloodworm, well, I feel sorry for it, its got no food source apart from the 'pods that are in the tank....... (I'm a total nutjob and feel the need to offer it some kind of food :rolleyes: ).
don't worry about it will find
plenty to eat in your tank that
you cant see but it can

It does have three spines on its tail, just can't see them on the photo - my camera just isn't up to it!

But as for the size, if damselfly larvae are larger, well, this must be a mayfly larvae?

I'm not feeding the tank at the mo, it only has plants in it...... Are you sure it will find food?

lol, lame excuse! :lol:

if it has 3 spines then it is probably a young damselfly larva as i don't think any of the others have 3 spines.

It does have three spines on its tail, just can't see them on the photo - my camera just isn't up to it!

But as for the size, if damselfly larvae are larger, well, this must be a mayfly larvae?

I'm not feeding the tank at the mo, it only has plants in it...... Are you sure it will find food?
it will have got in the same
way sa that did

Thanks again for replies :)

I'm going to get some sort of food for the poor thing, have been reading up about them and I feel it only fair to supplement it some way, then hope to be around when it does emerge from the water to try and save it for release at my local dew pond. (Now even I think I sound like a complete and utter nutter, but it never asked to be in my tank :no: )

Any suggestions on food? Perhaps daphnia?

lol, just let him be, your being to nice and considerate! :shout:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back