Is There A Sticky On Fragging?

guidedbyechoes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was looking through the coral of the week and each kind looked vastly different for the most part. Is there a detailed diagram of each one on this site somewhere?

Leathers are by one of the easier corals to frag. Branching and plating SPS are also pretty easy as you can just break pieces off.
LPS corals are the hard ones to frag, mainly the encrusting ones. Hammers and Frogspawn and the like you can just cut the heads off about 3 or 4 inches below the actual coral tissue.
Encrusting LPS like goniopora, leptastrea, favia, acan, chalice ect and encrusting sps like some montipora, (denae for example) cyphastrea, you actually need something like a band saw to make the cuts.
I prefer to use a dremel with a very thin metal grinding bit to cut through the tissue and then rock its growing on.

I don't have the power to sticky things unfortunately but i'd be willing to write a fragging guide.

Nick D.

You know how to frag gorgs fella? If not I will just add a bit to your frag post :)

Sorgon - If you would write up a paragraph or two on fragging gorgonians and sent it to me I could add it to my write up so its all in one document.
I would give you credit for it of course!

Demasonisrule - Videos would help a lot!

I think we need a whole sticky-ed section on it!
I will get working on the writeup tomorrow.

Sorgon - Just out of curiosity is there anything hugely different you have to do to frag gorgonians?

Nick D.

Tbh there is a fair bit mate as it's not just chop and stick, any ragged or covered flesh will rot and cause flesh disease. I will knock up a quick how to soon and pm it to you.

Sorryive been very busy and bot really had time, will do my part as son as I can.

I'm hoping to frag some things tomorrow. If I can and find a way to cam it, I'll record a couple vids.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back