Is Solvent Weld Safe For Marine Tanks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Reaction score
well as in the title is solvent weld safe for in marine tanks (100 gallons) when gluing pvc pipe together for a home made reef shelf

cool thanks

It's safe, but probably not the best if you are putting any kind of real weight on it. You'd be better off looking at Solvent Pipe Weld, but take ID/a parent, you have to be over 18 to buy it - very strong solvent content, and I remember you being fairly young :unsure:

yeah the pipe work is all very sturdy so its just to add a bit of strength

Solvent Weld actually melts the pipe together but retains its shape and strength, may be better for the job you want it for.

Remember not to get any on your fingers though.

bump for new quistion

As per all of the above, in addition you only get one chance at this so you'll have to be quick especially with angled joints. Mark a line on the two pieces of pipework you want to join apply the solvent weld glue to both parts connect where the lines meet now twist the pipe a quarter turn and then twist back again until the marks on the pipes are in-line once again.
ATB
C

sorry to hijack the thread.

im about to glue my pipework together. is all solvent weld the same?

i got the stuff from a diy shop for the goldfish ponds pipework. its called bond lock pipe cement.

thanks
chris

thanks for the help

sorry to hijack the thread.

im about to glue my pipework together. is all solvent weld the same?

i got the stuff from a diy shop for the goldfish ponds pipework. its called bond lock pipe cement.

thanks
chris

couldnt say sorry

yeah fare enough

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back