Is My Tank Over Stocked?

indeed. you would need a group of 3-5. so if you dont see yourself being able to do that, you may want to rehome the cat as well. however that will be much easier due to its size.
 
I shouldn't think more cats will be a problem once the shark/plecs/eel have gone. I also have a spare tank I could easily set up thats about 100L ish
 
lol. had to look that up. presumably its a 20g or 29g us. (sorry, im from the states), but that will definitely give you enough room to split some of them up
 
Yeah tahts what I was thinking.. i might get on to that today. Maybe if I put my gouramis, rams bettas and angel in the other tank there will be less chance of my main tank falling into a cycle before I can get the big boys out?
 
if the tank is empty and the filter for it is dry, you will need to have the tank running for a few weeks before you can add fish to it. unless you can get some used media to seed bacteria growth in the new tank/filter.
 
yeah I could take some from my other tank? I have 2 interpet pf4's I think they are running in there, so plenty to allow me to borrow a bit?
 
Could some one please take a look at my now devided stock and give opinions please? Bearing in mind that the eel, silver shark and common plecs WILL be re-homed before they get any bigger.. does it look better now?

Also, would I get away with having a shoul of small fish, neon tetra/endler type things in the smaller tank to fill some space or not?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top