Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Heres what i've got in my 35 gallon tank:

7 Neon Tetras
7 Cherry Barbs
6 Albino Cories
1 Bristlenose
1 Dwarf Gourami

Now i'm pretty sure its just about fully stocked but was wondering if there was room for 1 more fish that would grow abit bigger than the dwarf gourami or around the same size?

Its a planted tank and i've just upgraded my filter to a big cannister filter and am getting rid of the 2 hang ons once this has been running for a month or so.

So what do people think and any suggestions on the type of fish to ad in there if I can? If not i'm not worried cause I like my current listings but would like to add one more main fish.

dont add any more fish. You've got just the right amount

Actually just realized its a 170litre tank so about 44US gallons 37UK

I'd say you could add something more - depends what you have in mind though?

I presume your cloning your new filter from the old ones by running them together or have you transferred some media to the new filter?

Personally I wouldnt add anything else until the new cannister has finished cloning / fully cycled then after that you have some more room if its a 44 gal tank

Andy

Yeah i'm cloning the new filter i've still got the old ones running on the tank aswell as the new one.

All this time I thought it was only a 35 gallon and i've owned it for over 3 years and only just measured it and found out its got a fair bit more room then I thought :)

I'm not sure on what I should add I might even get a few more neons and cherry barbs but I kinda want something else in the tank that will stand out abit more as a centre piece fish but not sure what.

What about a couple of medium sized rainbow fish, or some cichlids, rams, kribs, apistogramma etc. Tank's probably a bit on the small size for an angel or two.

I would up the number of Tetras

actually i think you could get another three neon tetras.

You could get more tetras - if they are what you really like...

However, as the original poster said they would like something a little larger then they don't quite fit that. The smaller cichlids mentioned above would be a nice addition, I wouldn't add 'a couple of rainbows' as they do so much better in a bigger group.

I'm not sure if my LFS sells Kribs or Rams but i'll have a look the next time i'm in there because I never thought about adding them.

Would angel fish fit in the tank? I'm guessing they would attack the tetras?

add a pair of Bolivian rams. And give ur new filter time to cycle,i'd remove the hang on backs one at a time and test ur levels daily afterwards to see if it is coping (if not obviously you'll end up doing daily water changes)

Angels probably not - they would eat the tetras and are a bit big.

Most reactions

trending

Back