Is My Tank Cycled?

Elrohirthehasty

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
I just recently set up a 29g tank. I put gravel and other decor from my existing tank into it. It sat for about a week without fish. I did not test the water at all during this time. After the week, I put my 2 zebra danios in there. I tested every day for 2 weeks, and decided that if the test for ammonia and nitrite were in safe bounds, I would feed them. Two weeks came and went and only twice did ammonia show up on the test around .25ppm. I am using liquid testing kits. The fish die not appeared stressed, so I began feeding them twice a day in very small amounts. It has been about a week since and there is no sign of ammonia or nitrites?

So, is my tank cycled, or is there not enough ammonia to feed to bacteria, thus I still do not have bacteria colonies?
 
Hmm I'd say it's not cycled.
There should be an Ammonia Spike then a Nitrite Spike.

I'd say there isn't enough Ammonia for the tank to cycle cause as soon as you add more fish it's gonna crash.
I could be wrong but it takes way more then 2 weeks for a cycle even with gravel from another tank, It's a week to cycle with used filter media.

Hope someone else can advice you further.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top