Is My Snail Dead?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CoryLover95

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi,
I keep 2 Mystery snails in my tank.  This morning when I went to go feed the fish, I found a snail up at the top of the heater.  I'm not sure if it was floating or had latched on, but there seems to be a large fleshy part torn from the snail and protruding in front of it.  The shell is slightly squishy to the touch.  Do you think the snail was burned or died of old age?  I've had it for about 4 months now, and the other snail (which I've had for about 2 months) is not showing any signs.  Please see attached pics.  Thanks!!

I just looked closer and what I thought was a fleshy part is actually a dead catfish.  :(  I am going to check my stats and start a new topic in another forum.  The snail has suddenly started to move, so I'm sure it's OK.

Attachments

• phpHF0JfJAM.jpg
    phpHF0JfJAM.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 334
  • phpr6NP1lAM.jpg
    phpr6NP1lAM.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 298
If ever in doubt about a snail, do the sniff test.  If they're dead and rotting, you'll know once you've done the sniff test.

NeonBlueLeon said:
If ever in doubt about a snail, do the sniff test.  If they're dead and rotting, you'll know once you've done the sniff test.

:sick:    I must say, out of any advice I've read, that will probably stick with me the longest hahaha.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back