Is my male black molly okay?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Letty00

Reaction score
i recently got a 20 gallon tank about 2 months ago and got 3 male mollies. 2 Dalmatian and 1 black sailfisn. The black molly has recently started to look as if heā€™s pregnant . Is he okay? Also starting today has been raising his fin for the first time at the other molly as they chase each other around. Seemed to get along fine previously as they were all in the same tank when I got them.

Attachments

• 21272751-7BAE-4104-9C02-91A74A2AF3CE.jpeg
    21272751-7BAE-4104-9C02-91A74A2AF3CE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 225
the black molly is definitely a male so I would guess he was young when you got him, and now that he has matured he is showing off to the other males in the tank.

The fat belly could be a well fed fish, a really bad case of intestinal worms, or the fish has a balloon molly as a parent.

Any idea what you bought the black molly as? Just a black molly or an Assorted molly?

the black molly is definitely a male so I would guess he was young when you got him, and now that he has matured he is showing off to the other males in the tank.

The fat belly could be a well fed fish, a really bad case of intestinal worms, or the fish has a balloon molly as a parent.

Any idea what you bought the black molly as? Just a black molly or an Assorted molly?[

Any idea what you bought the black molly as? Just a black molly or an Assorted molly?
thanks for the info ... I believe he was just a black molly

just monitor him over the next few months. If his body shape changes drastically and does not look normal, then put another picture on here and we will reassess him :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back