Is my goldfish acting normally?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

do you have a water conditioner/ dechlorinator?
if not grab a dechlorinator from the pet shop and make sure it is suitable for chlorine and chloramine. It should be added to any new tap water before the water gets added to the tank.

if you already have a dechlorintator, what is it called?

Its like water from river but processed so people can drink it... my dad told me just to let it some hours in a bottle so.it will take temperature of the room

if it's being processed for human consumption it probably has chlorine or chloramine in.

Can you contact the company that supplies the water and see what they are doing to it to make it suitable for drinking? Maybe see if they have a website and see if the information is on that.

I can't contact em but when there are water supply problems... after a rain for example...water isn't clean and we don't drink it... but now it is normal.and chlorine smells... if they put they may put a little only because the water that comes home doesn't smell chlorine.

The problem is if they are adding chlorine, even in low doses, it can damage the fish's gills if it isn't removed before the water is put in the tank.

If you can leave the water to stand for 24 hours then any chlorine should come out of the water by itself. So it might be safer if you can let it stand for 24 hours (or longer) before using it in the tank.

Yes... thank you:)
I changed his water as you said (30 mins back). He still doesn't move... i wish he will get better... soon

One more thing i observed(i don't really know if it matters or not): the water smells if u go near...before i change it and even now!!!(although it is changed!!!)

That will be ammonia from the fish food and waste. The big water changes you do should remove that after 1 or 2 changes. If it doesn't you can change more water.

If it smells really bad then you can change it all. Just make up enough water and have it next to his tank for a day. Then scoop the fish out in a small bucket of water. Drain his tank and refill it before putting him back in it.

I changed it in morning and now and it still smells... both times i changed about 80%-85% of the water.

I guess i will make up water for a full change. Shall i wash the tank with hot water after dropping out all the water?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back