Is It Overstocked?

mystus

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hawaii, USA
I have a 25 gallon u.s. tank and have 5 neon tetras, 2 glo light tetras, 4 silver-tipped tetras, 4 golden tetras, 1 otos, and a 4 year old flying fox

Could I put my be 3 platys and 2-3 corys in or will that over stock the tank?
 
That should be safe if you have a good filter on there :nod:
I have a eclipse filter with a fitler media and then a bio wheel, that good enough?

that filter should do the job perfectly in a 25 gallon tank, as for your original question you could keep approx 20in adult size of fish in your setup so at the moment your technically above that, adding the plattys and corys will be overstocking it..... you might get away with either the 3 plattys or the 2-3 corys but both would be putting serious pressure on your filter and water quality re bioload, and the corys would out compete the otto for food and the flying foxes would definately out compete both the otto and the corys.. my advise if you really must add new fish add the plattys, but religiously do a 15% water change per week to keep up the water quality.
Hope this helps :good:
 
that filter should do the job perfectly in a 25 gallon tank, as for your original question you could keep approx 20in adult size of fish in your setup so at the moment your technically above that, adding the plattys and corys will be overstocking it..... you might get away with either the 3 plattys or the 2-3 corys but both would be putting serious pressure on your filter and water quality re bioload, and the corys would out compete the otto for food and the flying foxes would definately out compete both the otto and the corys.. my advise if you really must add new fish add the plattys, but religiously do a 15% water change per week to keep up the water quality.
Hope this helps :good:
[/quote]
So as long as I keep up with water changes I'll be good? Cause a friend said I have plenty of room but I thought I was pretty well stocked :) .
 
yeah your tank wont be overstocked...maybe by just...just make sure to keep an eye out on the ammonia and nitrite levels
 

Most reactions

Back
Top